Silversea Deceptive Marketing

Mark_K

About six years ago, we received an email offer from SS that gave a price in dollars. When we tried to book this, SS said the price should have been in pounds sterling, and when we checked the website the dollars had been changed to pounds.

We didnt book the cruise. Unfortunately all lines seem to favour the American market to the detriment of the Brits. As noted previously on this thread, you get special offers that never head east across the pond, and the Australians complain that they are even harder done to.

Regards

Master Echo

Your not wrong!!

.......As noted previously on this thread, you get special offers that never head east across the pond, and the Australians complain that they are even harder done to. Regards

Master Echo

I think Silverseas are just starting to notice that there is a big Australian cruise market. I just hope we start to see a few of the deals that the Americans can get !

Just returned from an excellent voyage on the Cloud.We came across a new form of 'deception' with the introduction of Blacklisted voyages for future bookings made on board through the Cruise Consultant.This new arrangement applies to new bookings for the remainder of 2014 and 2015 onwards which only came to light when we obtained a quote for three back to back cruises in 2015 and we were informed that two of them were blacklisted for on board discount.Upon request we were given a list of blacklisted voyages for 2015 which total 32.In our 20 years with SS this is our first experience of OBD not being applied to bookings made on board.In my view not a sensible marketing decision for a company which relies heavily on loyal &repeat customers for the generation of business.Anyone else experienced this new initiative to improve cash flow rather than future bookings.

Anyone else experienced this new initiative to improve cash flow rather than future bookings.

When we were onboard the Whisper last year the OBD was carefully quoted as being 'up to 5%', and on further investigation we discovered that some voyages were designated with a 0% OBD. Some others were 2%.

I thought that SS had changed this practice this year and had gone back to offering 5% across the board.

Very sorry to hear its changed again. And I like your blacklisted term, it suits SS marketing.

When we were onboard the Whisper last year the OBD was carefully quoted as being 'up to 5%', and on further investigation we discovered that some voyages were designated with a 0% OBD. Some others were 2%.

I thought that SS had changed this practice this year and had gone back to offering 5% across the board.

Very sorry to hear its changed again. And I like your blacklisted term, it suits SS marketing.

Just to clarify 'blacklisted' was the term used by the cruise consultant but sadly it fits the situation.