Price Drops?

Hi Guys,

Just booked direct with Princess Cruises Au, 46 day Asia/Africa 8th Jan 2016 from Fremantle using FCC. Silly me. I now see it on an online TA for $618pp cheaper. Can I transfer it to the TA, should I and if so when? Also, people say to keep checking for price drops. Do I have to keep going to the various websites or is there an easier way of doing it? I seem to remember somewhere there is a website that can do this for you? Thanks.

Hi Guys,

Just booked direct with Princess Cruises Au, 46 day Asia/Africa 8th Jan 2016 from Fremantle using FCC. Silly me. I now see it on an online TA for $618pp cheaper. Can I transfer it to the TA, should I and if so when? Also, people say to keep checking for price drops. Do I have to keep going to the various websites or is there an easier way of doing it? I seem to remember somewhere there is a website that can do this for you? Thanks.

You can, but check what the agency cancellations fees are and if there is any fees charged if another price drop occurs or if they will refare it.

Its really up to you to monitor the price drops. What is the Princess site showing? Is it showing a similar price. I tried to book on this cruise but there are no cabins below 20K for solo. Great itinerary.

Edited by icat2000

I have recently done this. Booked directly with Princess using FCC, changed over to TA a few weeks later, did not have to rebook, also he got a price drop that appeared on the Princess website two weeks ago. This is for a cruise in 2015.:)

Does Princess cruises au charge a cancellation fee if you cancel before final payment?

You just need to check that your not more than 150 days out otherwise you might lose your deposit. This is where FCC come in handy.

Edited by icat2000

As said above by maxmia, it's something you can do - but you need to check with the TA first to ensure they will - and give that price. Also, good advice from others about checking other conditions with the TA that may be extra e.g. fees and termination conditions.

Maybe keep an eye on the following.....

http://www.cruisecritic.com/price-drop/

There is another one that l know of, you can pay them to notify you of cruises you have booked or are keenly interested in....Price drops or increases...they also show 'trends' and history of prices for free. I'm not sure that we are allowed to disclose their name....so you will just have to ask Mr Google...he'll help you out:D Cheers

Strangely, considering what you are stating I was just checking on a site that monitors cruise prices and 100's of prices for a range of categories for a large selection of RCCL ships have dropped in the last 20 hours or so. Some this year, some 2015 and while most are shorter Caribbean itineraries there are also European and Alaskan ones. I scrolled through over 250 pages (yes I'm obsessed) on the site but did not open most to check where they were.

Most had dropped by 20-25% but had not yet reached their all time lows, but I even noticed a couple that had dropped 50% and were at their all time low point.

Strangely, considering what you are stating I was just checking on a site that monitors cruise prices and 100's of prices for a range of categories for a large selection of RCCL ships have dropped in the last 20 hours or so. Some this year, some 2015 and while most are shorter Caribbean itineraries there are also European and Alaskan ones. I scrolled through over 250 pages (yes I'm obsessed) on the site but did not open most to check where they were.

Most had dropped by 20-25% but had not yet reached their all time lows, but I even noticed a couple that had dropped 50% and were at their all time low point.

This may be true for northern hemisphere cruises but i have again checked and prices for Australia/Asia cruises are still up by at least 25% and some by 30%. Check out some of the Legend and Explorer prices. Increases from $2800 to $3800 for a JS for 2 week cruises.

Some of the Quantum prices are still good though.

Edited by cassamanda

This may be true for northern hemisphere cruises but i have again checked and prices for Australia/Asia cruises are still up by at least 25% and some by 30%. Check out some of the Legend and Explorer prices. Increases from $2800 to $3800 for a JS for 2 week cruises.

Some of the Quantum prices are still good though.

The Quantum prices are still good relatively but they have risen by $100's pp since we booked.

Agree with what Mick has said also. The very reason for moving the Quantum was this knowledge. Check out the price for the three day Singapore which is sold out. You can bet the price per day will be high once the itineraries out of China are released.

We are looking at a NZ cruise on the Dawn Princess for next Feb/March. Have been on Princess but since then I have been told that they honour price drops in Australia like those in the USA. This was from a not very reliable source so I have emailed Princess twice with no reply asking for their policy on price drops for aussie bookings. I am aware that those in USA /Canada are treated very differently to us.

Is anyone out there able to confirm what I have been told and what is the process? If I get a price direct from Princess equal to a TA I would generally go for the direct rather than middle man involvement. Generally I watch prices for a few months and when I am happy with a price I will book, but if they really do reduce my fare if their price drops then I cant see any reason not to book at the current price...... no way I could lose or am I thinking wrongly???? In the past I have just accepted that what I paid is it whether they go up or down, tough luck!!

thanks heaps

We are looking at a NZ cruise on the Dawn Princess for next Feb/March. Have been on Princess but since then I have been told that they honour price drops in Australia like those in the USA. This was from a not very reliable source so I have emailed Princess twice with no reply asking for their policy on price drops for aussie bookings. I am aware that those in USA /Canada are treated very differently to us.

Is anyone out there able to confirm what I have been told and what is the process? If I get a price direct from Princess equal to a TA I would generally go for the direct rather than middle man involvement. Generally I watch prices for a few months and when I am happy with a price I will book, but if they really do reduce my fare if their price drops then I cant see any reason not to book at the current price...... no way I could lose or am I thinking wrongly???? In the past I have just accepted that what I paid is it whether they go up or down, tough luck!!

thanks heaps

It depends what you mean by 'honouring' price drops., I have never had money returned or had to pay less for a fare due to a price drop without first cancelling and then re-booking. However, I have been upgraded at no (or little) cost due to price drops. Generally, TAs or direct, will not return money but rather will provide a higher grade cabin for that same amount. Hope this helps.:D

We have a cruise booked for March 15th 2015. Aqua class cabin on millennium out of Hong Kong. Checked prices and they dropped $200pp. Just emailed my US TA and they just readjusted it. :p:p

thanks heaps

if you book direct with princess you should get any price drops but if booking with a TA it depends on their terms & conditions so its best to ask first.....sometimes the price quoted is for new bookings only but no harm in asking who you book with

if you book direct with princess you should get any price drops but if booking with a TA it depends on their terms & conditions so its best to ask first.....sometimes the price quoted is for new bookings only but no harm in asking who you book with

So true.:D

just booked today and Princess Consultant said they would adjust price if it went down till June next year when final payment is due, cruise isnt till end of Aug 2015,must say she was very helpful,even gave me her special phone no so i can contact her anytime as she will be the one dealing with my booking,even got $100 obc

just booked today and Princess Consultant said they would adjust price if it went down till June next year when final payment is due, cruise isnt till end of Aug 2015,must say she was very helpful,even gave me her special phone no so i can contact her anytime as she will be the one dealing with my booking,even got $100 obc

A good result.:D