Island princess Panama Canal

bgbrow

Not on Island but we did a 17 day SF - FLL full transit last fall on Coral. Excellent cruise. We enjoyed it immensely. Nicaragua was a bit "iffy" when we went into town - we didn't explore real far there - and the beach had debris and some broken glass.

Coral Princess was really a great ship for this cruise as the fore and aft viewing decks really made it great. I don't think I'd do it on Island though. We sailed her earlier this year and didn't like the refit at all. It felt like the entire back of the ship was "missing".

Is there now an International Café on the Island? I couldn't find it on the deck plans. I think the refit must realty have changed it. We did enjoy our Panama Canal trip on the Island in 2014 as we cruised LA/FL/LA but knew they were making big changes soon after that cruise--know they increased the number of cabins.

Is there now an International Café on the Island? I couldn't find it on the deck plans. I think the refit must realty have changed it. We did enjoy our Panama Canal trip on the Island in 2014 as we cruised LA/FL/LA but knew they were making big changes soon after that cruise--know they increased the number of cabins.

Nope, no International Cafe on Island Princess... And yes, the refit really did change the ship around - more cabins, less lounges, etc.. We still enjoyed our Canal sailing, but won't be sailing Island again unless she's the only option at all for an itinerary we want to do....