Vision, Oman

Hi,

First time posting on here, but i may be able to help.

We are going on Vision at the end of march visiting Oman etc.

We booked through Iglu and i spoke to them recently about visa's for Oman as i saw we needed one. They told me that Royal Caribbean will normally deal with the visa or when you leave the ship you will have to quickly fill in a form before leaving the terminal. Apparently Royal Caribbean normally get round this potential bottle neck by filling in the forms for you and they issue you a 'shore pass' as you leave the ship which acts as your passport and means RC have taken responsibility for your travel documents and all the necessary local visas, meanwhile someone in the depths of the ship is filling in thousands of visa forms for all the passengers.

Hope this helps

James

Edited by jmorrisuk

Hi

We did the same cruise on Splendour of the Seas last year, all visa's are arranged through RCI, no need to do anything, we are from the UK too.

In Oman there is not a lot to do in Khasab, there is a shuttle bus into the local town but not a lot to see.

Muscat, the ship stays in port overnight, there is a hop on/hop off bus which is good, there are other tours, it's also nice just to go for a walk from the port to the local souk, they have an arabic night on the top deck at night with local music and a lot of people buy robes cheaply from the souk to wear.