Majesty vs. Enchantment

We are thinking about booking a short cruise for a 40th birthday celebration this fall. All else being equal (price, etc...), which ship would you recommend--Majesty or Enchantment--and why?

I have posted a similar inquiry about a few Carnival ships on their boards. Our possible travel companions have a preference for RC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes to the Enchantment too for all of Bob's reasons and cabin size (in general) and Key West on the four night itinerary. However, I really like both ships and if Port Canaveral is an easier port for you all, you will still have a great cruise on the Majesty.

We totally miss Enchantment here in PC. Not a good trade off to get Majesty in her place. :(

Majesty lacks both a CL and a DL, no Chops or Giovanni's, and can only book a balcony if you go Junior Suite and above.

That being said, we have indeed booked MJ for the first time, since I refuse to drive to Miami.

Port Canaveral is indeed a wonderfully easy port to drive to and access.

We did enjoy departed twin sister Monarch, but not for the ship, it was her crew that was top notch!:)

Thanks! This is great stuff. We will have to fly in, so the. It becomes a matter of getting from the airport. We are doing PC on the carnival Magic this summer, and I have done Miami many years ago. I really wish there were shorter cruises from Port Everglades. That is such an easy port (and it was great with the Harmony)!

Thanks! This is great stuff. We will have to fly in, so the. It becomes a matter of getting from the airport. We are doing PC on the carnival Magic this summer, and I have done Miami many years ago. I really wish there were shorter cruises from Port Everglades. That is such an easy port (and it was great with the Harmony)!

Indy does 4 and 5 day cruises from Port Everglades.

We totally miss Enchantment here in PC. Not a good trade off to get Majesty in her place. :(

Majesty lacks both a CL and a DL, no Chops or Giovanni's, and can only book a balcony if you go Junior Suite and above.

That being said, we have indeed booked MJ for the first time, since I refuse to drive to Miami.

Port Canaveral is indeed a wonderfully easy port to drive to and access.

We did enjoy departed twin sister Monarch, but not for the ship, it was her crew that was top notch!:)

I think you will like the crew on the MJ- they were great when we were on board in November

Indy does 4 and 5 day cruises from Port Everglades.

Hmmm. I wonder how I missed that? Maybe they don't leave at the right times. I will check it out!

Hmmm. I wonder how I missed that? Maybe they don't leave at the right times. I will check it out!

Now I know! The Independence will be in England in October!

I think you will like the crew on the MJ- they were great when we were on board in November

Thanks! Though I really did enjoy our short cruises with Monarch, I will miss those extra venues I loved on Enchantment. Just have gotten spoiled with those I guess. ;) And of course the crew on board Enchantment were always wonderful! One of the best LA's I have ever met! :)

EN is by far the better ship, but MJ wins over EN out of Port Canaveral if Marc Walker is the CD. Since you are going in the fall, I believe he'll be on Vision out of Galveston. So that would make EN the winner. Enchantment + Mr. Bing Bong was a very good combination out of Port Canaveral. Shame RCL had to go and screw it up.

EN is by far the better ship, but MJ wins over EN out of Port Canaveral if Marc Walker is the CD. Since you are going in the fall, I believe he'll be on Vision out of Galveston. So that would make EN the winner. Enchantment + Mr. Bing Bong was a very good combination out of Port Canaveral. Shame RCL had to go and screw it up.

I agree. Send MJ back to Miami to use for the Cuba runs, and give us back Freedom (or any

Voyager or Radiance class) plus send back our beloved Enchantment where she belongs!! :)

Would be sooooo cool to have a third ship that does longer cruises out of PC!! :cool:

People won't pay Enchantment prices for Majesty out of Miami. The competition ships are more like Enchantment than Majesty, so Royal has to stay competitive here. I know Majesty can really pack in the guests, but perhaps RCI should have kept around Legend and Splendour because their features and amenities more closely mirror competition.

I asked my girls...they have been on both several times.

MJ has Johnny Rockets and the teens love it there.

EOS has more over all space.

I booked the EOS for the 4 night sailing due to Key West. They all loved that port.

People won't pay Enchantment prices for Majesty out of Miami. The competition ships are more like Enchantment than Majesty, so Royal has to stay competitive here. I know Majesty can really pack in the guests, but perhaps RCI should have kept around Legend and Splendour because their features and amenities more closely mirror competition.

Majesty and Enchantment both hold 2700 passengers. Enchantment can hold more passengers than her other Vision sisters due to being "stretched" (cut in half and added more cabins).

Majesty had been sailing out of Miami for many, many years. Selling out for almost all

cruises. I guess pax were indeed paying to cruise on her. ;)

We now have MJ here in Port Canaveral, which not too many people are happy about that

"improvement", being they took Enchantment away to bring her in. :(

And I agree. Wish they would have continued the sale of Majesty and kept around Legend and Splendour also.

We now have MJ here in Port Canaveral, which not too many people are happy about that "improvement", being they took Enchantment away to bring her in.

I for one am more than happy with the switch. I'd rather be on a Sovereign class than the EN anyday. When EN replaced the Monarch, I stopped taking 3/4 night cruises out of PC and instead drove to Miami because of the MJ. Now that the MJ is where she belongs, 3/4 nighters out of PC are back on the schedule. Now if they would just bring back the SV and MN and base them in Tampa and Jacksonville ...

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you to everyone for your assistance. We ended up on a 4 day Independence of the Seas cruise to Mexico!

Good choice. We have done all three. I wouldn't ever sail on Majesty again. It's so outdated it's unbelievable they still have it in the fleet. I stopped taking the Port Canaveral cruises when they replaced Enchantment with Majesty.

Out of Independence and Enchantment, I enjoy both, but Independence is by far the superior ship! Enjoy your long weekend.