Vantage Seine Cruise 20 May

W5KAP

We are very experienced ocean cruisers but this will be our first river cruise. anyone travel Vantage and how did you like it? We are traveling with my wife's brother and his wife. Kinda excited but we are open to any suggestions.

Cheers, Kenn

We are very experienced ocean cruisers but this will be our first river cruise. anyone travel Vantage and how did you like it? We are traveling with my wife's brother and his wife. Kinda excited but we are open to any suggestions.

Cheers, Kenn

Monet's home and gardens in Giverny, Honfleur, Rouen, Conflans and Les Andelys and Caux-de-Bec and the American Cemetery and invasion sites were the highlights of our trip with Ama in 2013.

The scenery along the Seine and the great French foods, wines and cheeses were also memorable.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

W5KAP- My wife and I took a Vantage trip last year, Budapest to Bucharest, and had a very nice time. The crew was hard working and pleasant. It compared favorably to a previous Viking trip.

Have a great time.

I have done 5 river cruises with Vantage (3 chartered boats, 2 Vantage owned boats including on the Seine), and have also sailed with Viking , UniWorld, Grand Circle and a number of small lines in Asia, Africa and South America. Vantage provided a good product as do most companies. Note that twice on the Seine trip we rafted (docked outside of another boat) with boats with different deck levels, and we had to go from sundeck to sundeck to get ashore. With increasing numbers of boats this is not unusual, and is not unique to Vantage. The Seine trip was very nice (we had a 10 night trip in 2015; I think it is now a 7 night trip).

ENJOY

Thom

Monet's home and gardens are unbelievable! Do research Monet ahead of time if you don't know much about his life or work as I believe this is key to your enjoyment of this experience, others on our cruise who didn't do any research had no idea why they were there or what was important about the waterlily pond or flower garden. Even if you just go here to research, you will learn a lot:

http://giverny.org/monet/welcome.htm