Evening wear.

janecambridge

Linen trousers, silk trousers--what ever you wear to the Club works for Regent. I take white pants and different top and Richard takes his Tommy Bahama silk shirts(he has a collection that makes the store selection look puny) A lot of women pull out their old sweater twin sets and look quite lovely. Whatever you are comfortable wearing is the proper way to dress. You will find that the Regent info covers it quite nicely.

We take the good watches and rings and I accessorize with the fun necklaces and bracelets.

Everyone looks very nice and comfortable. Only once did we see a questionable group and they were so tight that they were finally asked to leave the MDR--but until they left it was damn fine entertainment!

Debi

I wear Chico's-type slacks and tops with fun jewelry after 6 p.m. I always wear a sweater because the dining rooms can be chilly. I bought a 3/4 length sleeve sweater at Costco before our last cruise, and DH now calls it my cruise sweater.

DH wears Docker-type slacks and a golf shirt or a Tommy Bahamas-type shirt. He usually wears a London Fog golf jacket.

Edited by DixieDeer

For those Chico's fans who shop in the retail stores only, I highly recommend getting on the email list for on line sales notifications. Some of the sales on line cannot be believed and if the items purchased don't work out, they can be returned to your local Chico's retail store.

gnomie. :)

For those Chico's fans who shop in the retail stores only, I highly recommend getting on the email list for on line sales notifications. Some of the sales on line cannot be believed and if the items purchased don't work out, they can be returned to your local Chico's retail store.

gnomie. :)

Agree. I am on the list and receive constant emails. It is easy to return items to my local store because it is close by. This may not be the case for some people.

Just go thru the sale part--you'll find all sorts of great cruise things. And at those prices,if you don't like them after one trip, give them to the church! One of our local thrift stores has a "Chico's " rack!

Debi

Thank you Debi - I love this 'new' site:)

Cheers

Di

! One of our local thrift stores has a "Chico's " rack!

That's where I buy mine--at the thrift store. My church thrift store has a fashion show every fall, and that's where you'll find the Chico's clothes. I can also find Chico's at a local consignment store. I look for Chico's Traveler's. Chico's also makes clothes under other names--the label says (I forget the name of the brand) by Chico's.

Costco has clothing made of similar material--the brand is Made in Heaven.; is is sold by vendors who go into the store several times a year.

Dana Buchman at Kohl's also has clothing made of fabrics similar to Chico's as does citiknits and Vikki Vi. There are other brands with similar fabric.

I've found all of these at my church's thrift store; I have have 6 or 8 cruise outfits from the thrift store.

Ha ha .you are all so funny

We don't have that store over here,so I will go online and look up 'cruise wear' in chico's...:D

Look for Chico's Travelers. You can also find them on eBay.

Edited by DixieDeer

• 1 month later...
How long must cruises be in order to have "Black Tie" optional nights? My DH and I love to dress up.

Two Formal Optional nights are held when a cruise segment is longer than 15 nights. If you like to dress up, you may do so any night you like. Hope this helps.

Edited by DaveFr

How long must cruises be in order to have "Black Tie" optional nights? My DH and I love to dress up.

More than 15 nights. Actually you can dress up anytime that you like. Some people dress up for the nights of the Captain's Reception, the Seven Seas Society night, when they dine in Prime 7 or Signatures, etc. Every night you will see everything from suits and ties to casual pants (not jeans) and short sleeved shirts.