Items for your balcony.

evitacruiser

Me, too. Upon arrival in the cabin, however, I make a point of showing the steward the battery operated candle so he doesn't panic and think it is a real, open flame candle.

Well, okay. But don't you think the cabin steward can tell the difference between a fake candle and a real one? Unless you leave the battery operated candle on when you leave your cabin, the cabin steward probably won't give it a second thought. We don't leave ours on. No point in running down the battery.

Where do you purchase battery operated candles? I don't think I've ever seen them before. What brand are they? I am particularly interested in the scented ones!

Check home-good stores, like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. You can also search on-line -- but, you won't be able to smell the scented candles there.;)

Where do you purchase battery operated candles? I don't think I've ever seen them before. What brand are they? I am particularly interested in the scented ones!

Check home-good stores, like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. You can also search on-line -- but, you won't be able to smell the scented candles there.;)

Several department stores sell them. I know Target does. Just look in the "Home Goods" area. Sometimes you'll find them in some grocery stores, next to where the air fresheners are.

I get mine on QVC and Bed Bath and Beyond. And, no, I don't think you can tell that they aren't real unless you really look down into it.

Anyway, they make a great addition to the balcony or cabin at night. Glass of wine and your sweetie and you are all set;)

As mentioned above, I have seen hammocks, wind socks, lights (the Christmas type), battery candles, air mattresses (no kidding...the husband snores so he has to sleep on the balcony!), drying racks, speakers, etc.. Bring what makes you happy but always remember to keep your safety and the safety of others at the forefront.

As mentioned above, I have seen hammocks, wind socks, lights (the Christmas type), battery candles, air mattresses (no kidding...the husband snores so he has to sleep on the balcony!), drying racks, speakers, etc.. Bring what makes you happy but always remember to keep your safety and the safety of others at the forefront.

Speakers on a balcony?!? That's not good!

I would add "....and the comfort of others....." to your suggestion. No way would I want to be next to a stateroom who's occupant thinks that placing speakers out there for him/her to listen to their idea of music is OK. What about the neighbors? Don't they have any say in how quiet their balcony is??? I book balconies to enjoy the view, sea air, and sounds of the waves against the ship, not someone else's choice of music. :eek:

Edited by SantaFeFan

Speakers on a balcony?!? That's not good!

I would add "....and the comfort of others....." to your suggestion. No way would I want to be next to a stateroom who's occupant thinks that placing speakers out there for him/her to listen to their idea of music is OK. What about the neighbors? Don't they have any say in how quiet their balcony is??? I book balconies to enjoy the view, sea air, and sounds of the waves against the ship, not someone else's choice of music. :eek:

I've taken a Bose Bluetooth speaker before and will continue to do so. I do not play it loudly, and I would be willing to bet if you were on the next balcony you would never know I had one. Being considerate to others is the key.

Aft Cabins Rule

I like the candles I purchased a long time ago at Target, but they are unscented. I recently got a few of these from Amazon: Candle Impressions CAT10396CR01 4-Inch Swirl Hurricane Flameless Candle with Vanilla Fragrance, Cream

by Candle Impressions. :)

I used to bring my skeet shooting gear, but with the TSA rules in place these days, it's now harder to bring a rifle along on my vacations. :(

You might be able to smuggle a blow gun with curare tipped darts on board to try down flying birds. That might be possible and would be fun. You could even use it on annoying passengers. Might even combine it with the suggested bird feeder. Use the bird feeder to attract the birds and then zap them.

DON

Edited by donaldsc