Shopping at International Pier? Others?

tbmrt

Keep reading that one should take a taxi to shop in Cozumel....I take it that is to a shopping area near a different pier.

Are there shops at International Pier or should I grab a cab to ????.

Thanks

I don't believe there are nearly as many shops at the International Pier as at Punta Langosta or Puerta Maya, although I think they are getting set tot expand it if not already doing so. If you don't want to head downtown, as John suggested, then take a short walk over to Puerta Maya. You can walk into the shopping area without any ship id. You'll find most of the same tourista stuff there that you would downtown. Just a tad higher in price than what you might barter at a kiosk downtown. But unless there is something specific or special you want, PM will probably satisfy your shopping needs.

Unless you have something particular in mind as already said, plenty of shops at International to satisfy average need. Probably newer and nicer looking shops at Puerta Maya since pier and port were rebuilt. I would only go downtown if I wanted more local places to eat and drink.

Really depends on what else you are doing with your day and how much time you want to spend shopping.