Hilton Marina or Embassy Suites? FLL

bigsky

We're changing our hotel that we usually stay at. I love the location of Embassy Suites! We're used to having free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port as well. Free breakfast is nice too.

Which of these two would you recommend? Wasn't sure of the Hilton location.

If I price it out today, Embassy is more money. Both look very nice.

I see breakfast is included in the price at Embassy.

Does anyone know about what all is included?

...or maybe there's another hotel that's really nice that's right near Embassy that has much more to offer for less money?

Embassy for Oct 31st was around 329.00? I think Hilton was like 269.00.

...or maybe there's another hotel that's really nice that's right near Embassy that has much more to offer for less money?

Try pricing your ES hotel at Last Minute Travel Club...also there is a nice Hyatt Place right behind ES..both are on the edge of the Publix shopping center on 17th St. LMTC usually offers free membership..I got the best rate from them for our ES last October.

That weekend is the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show - rooms will be expensive and hotels will sell out so you are smart to be making a decision now.

You could get both for a much lower rate if you become a member (for free) at hiltonfamilymvp dot com

Or try lmtclub dot com

LMTC usually beats Hilton MVP or at least it has for us.

Hyatt Place Convention on 10th Avenue which is right behind Embassy Suites has a free shuttle from airport and a shuttle to port for about $8.00 They have a free breakfast which is good.

This hotel is $129 plus tax through valuetrips.com for your date. I have stayed there 3 times.

When we originally booked the Embassy was not available and we booked the Hilton. Now I see the Embassy is available and about the same price as our Hilton room. So with free breakfast, I think we are going to switch over to ES. Has anyone stayed in both of these? We are a family of 4 with 2 adult boys - 18 and 21. Thanks.

We usually stay at Hyatt Place, but the value trip price is blacked out for my dates. It's almost 300 and not worth that price. Love the location tho. I'll ck those websites tho! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That weekend is the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show - rooms will be expensive and hotels will sell out so you are smart to be making a decision now.

I found that out! A few I checked were sold out.

You could get both for a much lower rate if you become a member (for free) at hiltonfamilymvp dot com

Or try lmtclub dot com

I signed up, but when I book a reservation, it's the same high price :confused:

I signed up, but when I book a reservation, it's the same high price :confused:

Often the MVP prices are the same as the hotel's website. If this is the Boat Show weekend the prices are going to be high everywhere.

So outside of the price, which hotel and location do you guys like the best? Is it true that ES has a free shuttle from airport and to port? Which hotel is in a better area for activites?

The ES has shuttle, but it's a higher price. They had two prices, one included the shuttles, and the other didn't at all. I think it was about 28.00 difference.

Often the MVP prices are the same as the hotel's website. If this is the Boat Show weekend the prices are going to be high everywhere.

Maybe I should call them directly....

Hyatt Place and House are sold out too now! :(

Cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Managers' Reception are not free, they are included in the rate you pay to stay at the Embassy Suites. No free shuttle, but they will arrange a ride to the port for you at a nominal cost. Stay and enjoy!!:cool:

Cooked-to-order breakfast and nightly Managers' Reception are not free, they are included in the rate you pay to stay at the Embassy Suites. No free shuttle, but they will arrange a ride to the port for you at a nominal cost. Stay and enjoy!!:cool:

No reason for the OP to use the ES shuttle...taxi's are always outfront of the lobby..should be approx $10-12.00 easier and quicker.

When we originally booked the Embassy was not available and we booked the Hilton. Now I see the Embassy is available and about the same price as our Hilton room. So with free breakfast, I think we are going to switch over to ES. Has anyone stayed in both of these? We are a family of 4 with 2 adult boys - 18 and 21. Thanks.

Hi, I have stayed at both hotels. Hilton has a great view if you get a tower room, water way, balcony. Plus the water taxi stops on the corner of the property and for $20 all day--family pass also available you can go to about 20 stops-off and on. No free breakfast, but small breakfast items available for $. ES is close to shopping, Publex market, total wine, restaurants, free breakfast, big rooms, balcony, $15 cab ride to port. If I am going to be in Fll for 3 days, I would stay at the Hilton-- love the water view, can walk to Drug store for extras- half block across street or same side 1/2 mile, Ross, $ store, food. I stay at ES if going on a long cruise and only have one day to buy extras at the market because it is close and easy to get back to my room. Both hotels are within 1/2 mile of each other, Hilton on the waterway one side of 17th st ES other side no water view, but can see cruise ships depending on floor and side of hotel.