Monaco Bus System

cynbar

I've seen several threads about how easy the Monaco bus system is to use, and I think we'll use it to explore on our own during our April visit. But I can't seem to find any info on how best to buy tickets. Is there a day pass or a multi ticket bundle we can buy? How much is a single ride, and is exact change needed? Are there any places near the port such as a tourist info center to buy tickets? And finally, what is the closest stop to the pier? Any advice will be appreciated, we like to be prepared in advance.

You may purchase from the driver. This past year it went up from 1 euro to 1.50 euros, for 90minute? You can also purchase day tickets. Port will have a info centre also the train station ( middle of area) has good information and maps. From the pier there are two stops, the up high one requires taking the lift up, but then you are close the the palace and church easy walking distance. It is in front of a great but pricey choclate shop. The other is following the harbour around and about 500meters there will be a stop. They have good maps, and signage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I notice that there are 6 bus routes in Monaco, routes 1 through 6 and are color coded on a map with the various route stops. However, I cannot make out what buses stop at the train station and which bus or buses to take that will get us to Monaco-Ville, Palais Princhier, Exotique Gardens, and La Condamine. I have found that local buses are the best way to initially see a city. Also, if you purchase a day pass you can get off and get back on anywhere.

Archived