Golf in Bermuda

penwah2002

Hi Folks, We will be in Bermuda the first week in May-2016. We plan on at least 1 day of golf.

My question is, since you can not rent cars what is the best way to get yourself and golf clubs to courses?

Is there a course that is more cruise passenger friendly than another?

What course would you recommend?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi Folks, We will be in Bermuda the first week in May-2016. We plan on at least 1 day of golf.

My question is, since you can not rent cars what is the best way to get yourself and golf clubs to courses?

Thank you.

You're not allowed to take your golf clubs on the buses, so your only option is to take a taxi.

Port Royal is probably the best "professional-type" course, and if your ship is berthed at the Dockyard (Kings Wharf or Heritage Wharf) it's the closest to your ship.

• 5 weeks later...

We golfed Port Royal - we rented clubs (about $25pp - just so happened they had a Monday special 2 for $25 - we were on NCL Dawn from Boston) New clubs too!

It was a great day, everyone was so nice - in September, not a lot of amenities. Course in great condition. We played in September just before the Grand Slam. Bring a camera - views are spectacular!

btw: We booked our round of golf on GOLFNOW - quite a bit cheaper. Grabbed a cab there because of an early tee-time (it wasn't outrageous but can't remember the cost) We took the bus back - ask and they will take you down the hill to the bus stop by golf cart. :)

Edited by Tyskie

• 2 months later...
We golfed Port Royal - we rented clubs (about $25pp - just so happened they had a Monday special 2 for $25 - we were on NCL Dawn from Boston) New clubs too!

It was a great day, everyone was so nice - in September, not a lot of amenities. Course in great condition. We played in September just before the Grand Slam. Bring a camera - views are spectacular!

btw: We booked our round of golf on GOLFNOW - quite a bit cheaper. Grabbed a cab there because of an early tee-time (it wasn't outrageous but can't remember the cost) We took the bus back - ask and they will take you down the hill to the bus stop by golf cart. :)

Thank you very much for this information. We are sailing on the Breakaway in August and my dd and her boyfriend want to golf. Well, he wants to golf and she wants to sit in the cart. I am going to investigate Port Royal and see about how to go about this.

Thank you.

We will be in Bermuda the beginning of August.

It doesn't look like I can request tee times yet for Port Royal on GolfNow.

Does anyone have an idea of when I can book this? We are very specific with the date

wanted since we have plans for the other days.

Thank you very much!

We will be in Bermuda the beginning of August.

It doesn't look like I can request tee times yet for Port Royal on GolfNow.

Does anyone have an idea of when I can book this? We are very specific with the date

wanted since we have plans for the other days.

Thank you very much!

I think only two weeks out. You can call them. My friend who golfs calls them. I don't know if they will book this far out for August on the phone either though.

http://www.portroyalgolf.bm

Edited by Charles4515

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you.

May I ask you what you ended up doing, we are going in November on a cruise and my husband is wanting to golf and I am trying to get that planned out for him so we can make other plans while he golfs. How long was the golf excursion, how did you book, etc? we were told that the CD would set something up on the ship, but I don't want to wait that long. I'm a plan ahead type person.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I am very interested in this information too.

I would like to get my dd's bf an early tee time so he can golf and

they can meet us at the beach or have the rest of the afternoon for other

things on the day he golfs. My dd also wants to go to the course and just sit in the cart.

We will be there for beginning of August and want to book a specific day.

Approximately, how long/much was the cab ride, same with bus?

Thank you so much!

Also, looking on NCL site it looks like it is less expensive/same price as my booking directly with Port Royal Golf Club so I guess

I would book with NCL since both sites I need to get their on my own. But, has anyone booked directly with NCL

and had a rider go for a small fee instead of paying the golfing rate?

We golfed last year in Bermuda during our cruise. We brought our own clubs...I'm left handed so preferred my own. I booked on golfnow.com at 2 courses...Port Royal, friendly but crowded & slow, and Belmont which was friendly, empty & fast. We had to take taxis but hey that was easy & convenient. Celebrity made us carry our clubs on...even though they were packed in travel golf bags.

Two fun days of golf with our last day being a beach day.