Whow !! 8D AFT WRAPS BALCONY'S ON "THE DREAM" !

mr jailerman

I just saw this on the Deck plans (Deck 9) and could not believe it :eek: ! Carnival says that the cabins are 185 Sq Ft like the other Balcony Cabins. Carnival also says that the WRAP Balcony is only 75 Sq Ft but they have been saying that about EVERY AFT WRAP BALCONY in their Fleet and no one seems to think they have ever been right about that. I do think the cabin itself will be smaller as Carnival says it has the Table and chairs instead of the couch but for $500-$600 less then a 9A and having the same balcony, I can live without the couch..:D Since their are only TWO(2) of these cabins on the ship YOU KNOW they will go Lightning Fast ! Just thought I would share this neat find..:)

Yep...I think the secret is out :(!!

There were no 8D - aft wraps - available on any of the Dream sailing that we considered. So we "had" to go with the 9A aft wrap ;)!

9A is King, But I really think the 8D would be a great cabin for those who can get one..

9A is King, But I really think the 8D would be a great cabin for those who can get one..

Agreed....but try and get one :rolleyes:!!

DH and I thought an 8D might be worth a try...but we checked all of the sail dates from mid January through the end of February 2010 and they were all gone :eek:. We gave up...so I have no idea how far out you would have to go to find one available :o :confused:.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone else have either of these two Cat 8D AFT WRAP Balcony cabins booked on the DREAM in the next couple months :) ? Either cabin #9472 or #9475 ? We could use some photo's for our cruise fix to get us through until next March :D.. Thanks and Happy Sailing..:)

The following was on John's Blog today:

"David Asked:

Submitted on 2009/08/06 at 10:26pm

Hi John Please reply

We are booked on the Carnival Dream 3/27/10 and while we were bummed to learn that you won’t be our CD I did find a great deal….I hope.

We have had a 9A cabin booked on our last 3 cruises, and loved them so we booked the same on the Carnival Dream. Then after looking at the deck plans we noticed the wrap balconies on Vista deck. These are not 9A’s but 8D’s, which makes them a lot cheaper. We have now changed our booking to cabin 9472.

Did we uncover a great bargain, or am I missing something? Is there something inferior with these cabins? Do they come with a bed and toilet :) ?

Any info you have would be appreciated.

Keep up the great work!

--------

John Says:

Hello David

I leave your Carnival Dream on the 27th as that’s when Todd is scheduled to return but never mind, you have found a great deal and you have found it on a ship that will leave you breathless. The cabin you have booked does indeed have a toilet but it’s on the balcony which, if the weather is nice, shouldn’t be a problem…kidding. You have found a great bargain and there is nothing inferior about these cabins and the wrap balconies are truly superb. The interior space of the 8D is a little smaller than the 9A but the balcony is bigger. I will be taking photos of all the cabins classes soon and you will see what I mean.

Hope this helps and I hope you are excited about your Carnival Dream cruise,

Best wishes,

John"

I'm a bit skeptical regarding the bigger balcony on the Cat 8 - but John would be in a better position to know that!

I had hoped that, when this new class of ships was on the drawing boards, we would see some nice interior spaces in those corner aft cabins - similar to the Cat 11 aft wraps on Spirit class ships. Alas, that was not meant to be. We currently have 3 Dream bookings, and are trying out all three levels of Cat 9 wrap cabins. As nice a being in a suite (ample interior space - walk in closets, etc) would be - we prefer the panorama and space which the large balcony provides. Sad to say that you can't have both with the Dream! :(

Tom

The following was on John's Blog today:

"David Asked:

Submitted on 2009/08/06 at 10:26pm

Hi John Please reply

We are booked on the Carnival Dream 3/27/10 and while we were bummed to learn that you won’t be our CD I did find a great deal….I hope.

We have had a 9A cabin booked on our last 3 cruises, and loved them so we booked the same on the Carnival Dream. Then after looking at the deck plans we noticed the wrap balconies on Vista deck. These are not 9A’s but 8D’s, which makes them a lot cheaper. We have now changed our booking to cabin 9472.

Did we uncover a great bargain, or am I missing something? Is there something inferior with these cabins? Do they come with a bed and toilet ?

Any info you have would be appreciated.

Keep up the great work!

--------

John Says:

Hello David

I leave your Carnival Dream on the 27th as that’s when Todd is scheduled to return but never mind, you have found a great deal and you have found it on a ship that will leave you breathless. The cabin you have booked does indeed have a toilet but it’s on the balcony which, if the weather is nice, shouldn’t be a problem…kidding. You have found a great bargain and there is nothing inferior about these cabins and the wrap balconies are truly superb. The interior space of the 8D is a little smaller than the 9A but the balcony is bigger. I will be taking photos of all the cabins classes soon and you will see what I mean.

Hope this helps and I hope you are excited about your Carnival Dream cruise,

Best wishes,

John"

I'm a bit skeptical regarding the bigger balcony on the Cat 8 - but John would be in a better position to know that!

I had hoped that, when this new class of ships was on the drawing boards, we would see some nice interior spaces in those corner aft cabins - similar to the Cat 11 aft wraps on Spirit class ships. Alas, that was not meant to be. We currently have 3 Dream bookings, and are trying out all three levels of Cat 9 wrap cabins. As nice a being in a suite (ample interior space - walk in closets, etc) would be - we prefer the panorama and space which the large balcony provides. Sad to say that you can't have both with the Dream! :(

Tom

Thanks for the info Tom :).. I have met David on our Roll Call as we are on the same cruise and I do believe that the Roll Call Cabin Crawl will end up hitting both of our cabins as we are sooooo close to each other :eek::D.. I will have to stop back to the roll call now and thank him for going right to the source of Carnival:D "BIG JOHN":D Thanks again Tom..

I too was lucky to snag one of these cabins but our cruise isn't until Sept 11th, 2010!!! There was only one left and I grabbed it! We have had a discussion about this cabin on the Cabin Selection board and from pictures it looks like it doesn't have as many windows as the category 9's have. Word has it that there won't be a couch in there as well. We had one of the L shaped cabins on the Valor (7434) and loved the big balcony but the cabin was a bit smaller and no couch but we didn't care, we spent a lot of time on the balcony anyway. We look forward to lots and lots of pictures for all of those of you that were lucky enough to snag one of these cabins this year.

I too was lucky to snag one of these cabins but our cruise isn't until Sept 11th, 2010!!! There was only one left and I grabbed it! We have had a discussion about this cabin on the Cabin Selection board and from pictures it looks like it doesn't have as many windows as the category 9's have. Word has it that there won't be a couch in there as well. We had one of the L shaped cabins on the Valor (7434) and loved the big balcony but the cabin was a bit smaller and no couch but we didn't care, we spent a lot of time on the balcony anyway. We look forward to lots and lots of pictures for all of those of you that were lucky enough to snag one of these cabins this year.

:) That's why I brought this Thread back to page 1.. I also have hopes that someone will see this Thread and take some photos for us more sooner then later I hope..:o Take Care..:)

DD and DS have an 8D booked for our x-mas cruise 12/19/09. They are looking forward to this type of cabin. First time for an aft wrap.

Eileen

:o My Dearest Eileen, How about a few X-Mas photos of that cabin and Balcony for the rest of us :o:D ? It will be the season of giving then Dear :D.. Which of the two cabins do you have ? Thanks for your time..:) Kurt

:o My Dearest Eileen, How about a few X-Mas photos of that cabin and Balcony for the rest of us :o:D ? It will be the season of giving then Dear :D.. Which of the two cabins do you have ? Thanks for your time..:) Kurt

Kurt

The kids have 9472. My son is pretty good taking pictures. I know he will take lots of them and post after the cruise. X-mas should be a pretty special time. Just hope they have the ship decorated. Eileen

Kurt

The kids have 9472. My son is pretty good taking pictures. I know he will take lots of them and post after the cruise. X-mas should be a pretty special time. Just hope they have the ship decorated. Eileen

Great !! Thanks Eileen :).. I hope you all have a great Cruise.. Kurt

I will be on the Dream Oct.3rd and I have a 9A on Empress, we have a cabin crawl of all the different cabins including the cove balcony and suites. If you would like I will gladly post pictures of the different rooms. Linda

Archived