Diamond Club

First time in an owners suite in a couple weeks on the Adventure of the Seas. Will we have access the Diamond Lounge on the 14th deck or just the concierge lounge on deck 9?

You will have access to the CL for sure, and also the DL if you are Diamond level or above.

On Explorer in May we were in a GS and we had access to both the CL and the DL and we weren't Diamond at the time ( we are now). Maybe it's different on different ships, but we used both lounges.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Alohaaloha

we are NOT Diamond and only sail in suites. Past cruise( NAV) on the last night we commented on how crowded the CL was every evening and D+ told us our keys should work in the D Lounge as well. we never tested the theory.

we are NOT Diamond and only sail in suites. Past cruise( NAV) on the last night we commented on how crowded the CL was every evening and D+ told us our keys should work in the D Lounge as well. we never tested the theory.

That's exactly what happened to us- someone in the CL told us and so we tried and voila the door to the DL opened for us too. As the CL was packed on Explorer every night it was nice to have an alternative.

That's exactly what happened to us- someone in the CL told us and so we tried and voila the door to the DL opened for us too. As the CL was packed on Explorer every night it was nice to have an alternative.

The EX has a DL now? Since when did that happen?

We gave up on the crowded CL and spent every happy hour at the VCL at the bar

using our drink coupons.

Edited by island lady

Dry dock in Cadiz earlier this year.

Yaahh!! Thanks Bob! :)

Would be nice to be able to use both lounges now. Where did they put the

DL on EX?

Do they still have that sports bar/suites section off to the back of the

VCL? That "boing...boing..boing" of the golf machine thing got to be

a little old after awhile. :eek:

The EX has a DL now? Since when did that happen?

We gave up on the crowded CL and spent every happy hour at the VCL at the bar

using our drink coupons.

Did you mean to say the Indy?

Nope - definitely Explorer! Nice new DL lounge with an outside area too! It was on Deck 14 and was the former 19th hole bar.

Nope - definitely Explorer! Nice new DL lounge with an outside area too! It was on Deck 14 and was the former 19th hole bar.

Wonderful! :) Great location for sure!

Is that golf thing still there, or did they remodel the whole lounge?

Wonderful! :) Great location for sure!

Is that golf thing still there, or did they remodel the whole lounge?

Same lounge, more chairs. I've not seen the EX DL since the dry dock, but on Adventure the golf thing was removed.

Hmm. may try it in December on Liberty then. even if just during thew day to be nosy and grab a picture. by sailing in suites we are gathering the points necessary to make D in our right almost quickly

First time in an owners suite in a couple weeks on the Adventure of the Seas. Will we have access the Diamond Lounge on the 14th deck or just the concierge lounge on deck 9?

Just a personal feeling, for years suites argued that they should get additional perks by getting a special lounge. Well RCI took care of that for them by giving the CL access and that is great. They deserve it. But now it seems that some suites want more. The Diamond Lounge is for Diamond and above C&A guests based on their history with RCI. Personally, I feel that that lounge should be geared more towards the history a passenger has with RCI rather than how much they can spend by getting a suite. Just my opinion, of course, and I do expect flaming. :p

Yaahh!! Thanks Bob! :)

Would be nice to be able to use both lounges now. Where did they put the

DL on EX?

Do they still have that sports bar/suites section off to the back of the

VCL? That "boing...boing..boing" of the golf machine thing got to be

a little old after awhile. :eek:

The area you are referring to was the 19th hole. That area is now the Diamond lounge. The "boing, boing, boing" golf machine was removed during the refurbishment. It was supposedly sold to a passenger and shipped to them after removal.

As stated, the Diamond Lounge is only for Diamond and above C&A members.

Even thought the sea pass card opens the door.

I have witnessed Suite Guests being turned away by the Concierge when they entered.

Edited by Aussie FF

The area you are referring to was the 19th hole. That area is now the Diamond lounge. The "boing, boing, boing" golf machine was removed during the refurbishment. It was supposedly sold to a passenger and shipped to them after removal.

OMG!! Did that passenger purchase that to annoy their grand children??!! LOL!! :D

just a personal feeling, for years suites argued that they should get additional perks by getting a special lounge. Well rci took care of that for them by giving the cl access and that is great. They deserve it. But now it seems that some suites want more. The diamond lounge is for diamond and above c&a guests based on their history with rci. Personally, i feel that that lounge should be geared more towards the history a passenger has with rci rather than how much they can spend by getting a suite. Just my opinion, of course, and i do expect flaming. :p

as stated, the diamond lounge is only for diamond and above c&a members.

Even thought the sea pass card opens the door.

I have witnessed suite guests being turned away by the concierge when they entered.

Just a personal feeling, for years suites argued that they should get additional perks by getting a special lounge. Well RCI took care of that for them by giving the CL access and that is great. They deserve it. But now it seems that some suites want more. The Diamond Lounge is for Diamond and above C&A guests based on their history with RCI. Personally, I feel that that lounge should be geared more towards the history a passenger has with RCI rather than how much they can spend by getting a suite. Just my opinion, of course, and I do expect flaming. :p

No flaming, just a point. The CL lounge is not dedicated to just suite guests. Diamond + are able to use the CL and the DL, or at least they were on Explorer. The friends we made in CL were D+ and there was 8 of them! This meant some evenings suite guests found there were no seats in their supposed lounge forcing them to find an alternative- the DL. Seems fair to me?

The "boing, boing, boing" golf machine was removed during the refurbishment and is now located outside the entrance to Adventure Ocean area on deck 12

In may we were on the liberty. We had a GS friends had one too. They were not diamond. They were allowed access to diamond lounge and there card open the door. The CL is so small it was over crowed. Than again their card open the door to DL.

DSC01578.jpg.dadb7deade9a14a554ebf8a27a2ee233.jpg

Not sure if I have attached picture correctly but "boing Boing" golf machine still on EX in June, near aft elevators, I think it was deck where sports court is.