Check in time and drill

Dubdude007

We chose 1130 as our check in time😓 I still have the option to do 11--will it be enough time to get on board, have linchpin and relax a bit before the drill?

It depends on the ship but the drill is usually late in the afternoon.

Don't count on the time you choose actually making any difference - on most lines it always boils down to first come first served. If they hand out numbered boarding cards when you arrive - just ask for a low number - either from the person handing them out as you enter the terminal, or from the person who checks you in - we did both on our recent NCL cruise - our #35 was traded for a #16, and that was swapped for a #6. It got us on board about a half hour earlier. In any case, if you show up by 11:00, you are likely to board no later than 1:00 - easily enough time for lunch - and the drill is likely to be anywhere from 3:30 to 4:30.

We chose 1130 as our check in time😓 I still have the option to do 11--will it be enough time to get on board, have linchpin and relax a bit before the drill?

Muster is usually right before sail away. more than once it has just finished and we get underway. so mid to late afternoon.

Also consider that if you board early so you can relax and have lunch etc, your cabin probably won't be ready for you straight away. So you'll be lugging any hand luggage/coats you may have with you. (Don't worry about your main luggage as that will magically appear at your cabin)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Please pay attention. I don't want to be showing you how to get a life jacket on in knee deep water or thick smog and smoke at 0300. We woke to a big bang and water on deck 8 at 3AM last cruise and it was an unpleasant surprise til I found the water closet in the wall had burst. I was headed for the life jacket tho.