Activities for kids on the Epic

soggy1975

We're on the Epic in August and I was wondering about activities to keeps our boys (aged 11&13) happy.

Due to there difference in age they can't go into the same kids/teen club.

So if they want to do something together what options are there for day and night activities.

Are they safe wandering off together whilst we relax around the pool.At night if me & mum catch a show (which they won't want to see) what options do they have.

We plan to eat together for all meal and whilst in port we're off on excursions as a family..so it's just what they can do on evenings before/after meals and on our 1 sea day.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

They can play the games at the Arcade, but make sure you set a spending limit.

Epic has mini golf, and a basketball court, usually teens will be wandering in bunches in the evenings. Of course there are the water slides.

Bowling, and big Wii screen (although this might not be available in the evenings due to showing movies at night). There are the late night movies usually fairly recent movies at that, with popcorn in the Atrium.

The buffet will also have things set out so they can grab an ice cream or crepe if they are 'starving'. :D

They can play the games at the Arcade, but make sure you set a spending limit.

Epic has mini golf, and a basketball court, usually teens will be wandering in bunches in the evenings. Of course there are the water slides.

Bowling, and big Wii screen (although this might not be available in the evenings due to showing movies at night). There are the late night movies usually fairly recent movies at that, with popcorn in the Atrium.

The buffet will also have things set out so they can grab an ice cream or crepe if they are 'starving'. :D

How happy is the ship about kids of this age being unsupervised ?

They're pretty sensible.

Also can they be left on the pool/waterside alone..they are good swimmers.

They don't care. My youngest were 10, 10, and 12 on a cruise a few years ago, and we allowed them freedom, provided we knew where they were, and they had to let us know if they were going anywhere else. On our last cruise, the youngest were 14, 14 and 16, so we mostly saw them in passing, and dinner.

We are pretty relaxed about our kids doing their own thing on board. Even though they are in different age groups I'd encourage them to go and sign up. They'll most likely meet friends.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wouldn't let my kids "wander", but at that age, I would allow them to come and go from specific places for specific reasons...with a physical check in with me or dad when their activity or plans changed. There are evening kid's club activities.

Do most children join the kids clubs?..if they know most do it will encourage them to join up.

Can you just 'turn up and play' with things like the sports court/climbing wall..so long as it's open and not booked by any of the kids clubs?

Do most children join the kids clubs?..if they know most do it will encourage them to join up.

Can you just 'turn up and play' with things like the sports court/climbing wall..so long as it's open and not booked by any of the kids clubs?

I'd say the majority of 3-12 year olds will take part. Our girls and my niece/nephew have always rushed to sign up on first day and loved it. Sadly they are now all 13+.

My last two cruises my girls were 12 & 14, we ate together as a 4some on approx 4 nights out of 17 nights. They were always meeting friends for dinner or wanting fed early to go into kids club/entourage.

My wife and I felt as though it was just the two of us at times [emoji16]

The sports court etc can be used by anyone when it's free yes.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to NCL, but not cruising. My daughter turns 13 next week but has always been pretty good about wanting to hang out in the middle teens (on CCL it's like 12-15) area and do their activities. I'm assuming this is the same on NCL? Does anyone have any info on the kinds of activities? We jumped on this ship somewhat last minute, and will be spending a month just the two of us in Paris, so I'm sure by August she will be totally bored of me and my antics.

There is a full programme daily just for them. Lots to do onboard as described above. Sorry don't have a copy or example programme but I'm sure if you search the threads someone will have posted them. My son loved ncl teens club