Is Equinox using coupons or having Elite cocktail?

City_Woman

Haven't heard much about coupons lately. Hubby and I were a fan of coupons.

Now that they've split the elites, are they using coupons or are we back to the nightly cocktail party??

Judy

Just left the ship last week and they were not using coupons on that cruise.:):)

BILL

We were on Equinox Jan. 10-20 and no vouchers were used. We went to the Sky Lounge every single night and it was the most fun we've ever had at this nice perk. We met some wonderful new friends up there (not really part of our roll call) and ended up chatting every night with people for the entire two hours.

Carlos, the head barkeeper, was visible and accessible and even made some "on request" drinks. He's a really great guy and we got to "visit" a lot. We're sailing Equinox again in the fall and he will be there again, he thinks.

In the past we've been kind of eh on the hors d'oeuvres but this time they were much better and more varied. It was not crowded and service was good. As a matter of fact, it was so good we really had to pace ourselves. Usually the last hour I was drinking water or juice.

We don't mind vouchers but this cruise was wonderful in the sky lounge. They did check IDs and the sign said Elite, Elite Plus and Zenith members. I don't know if Zenith used Michael's Club or not, but I did notice Michael's was closed for private functions several times (one was a wedding vows renewal).

I have always enjoyed the elite cocktail reception on previous cruises. Nice conversations with other loyal cruisers. On the Eclipse 1/11/14 that was not the case. There were no coupons. Way too many people in the sky lounge. Not enough seats. Hard to get service. Wish they had had coupons. On the Eclipse 1/25/14 coupons. So, how can you tell whether you can get coupons on a specific cruise? You cannot tell. Good luck. I hope in the future, they offer the option. It would be especially nice for disabled people who find it hard to get to the Sky lounge.

Recently (Dec. 10) off the TransAtlantic on Equinox. There were lots of Elites --the new levels were introduced while on board. No coupons and lots of people in the Sky Lounge. It was hard to find a seat unless you went late. We generally waited past the first hour, until the early diners had left. Then we had good service and found seats.