#10 Jitney bus (Nassau)

agreenway6

Where do I need to go once I'm in port to find this bus?

Hang a right once you get out of the port building. It is a few blocks down the street near the Burger King. scubagirl can give you a more precise location

Where do I need to go once I'm in port to find this bus?

When you leave the port gate, keep walking straight to Bay Street. Make a right on Bay Street and go 3 short blocks, (just past the straw market).

On the left, you'll see George Street. You board on George Street going up the hill. There are plenty of locals along the way to ask if need be.

Someone will guide you to the next bus.

easy peasy.

Let the driver know where you are heading. Pay as you leave. $1.25 pp. Drivers do not like to give change. us$ or Bah$

When you leave the port gate, keep walking straight to Bay Street. Make a right on Bay Street and go 3 short blocks, (just past the straw market).

On the left, you'll see George Street. You board on George Street going up the hill. There are plenty of locals along the way to ask if need be.

easy peasy.

Let the driver know where you are heading. Pay as you leave. $1.25 pp. Drivers do not like to give change. us$ or Bah$

Quick question. Do they want $1.25 exact change for each person, or is a $5 bill for 4 people fine.

Just wanted to check before we get there next week.

• 2 months later...

easy peasy.

Thanks for the detailed information on where to catch the jitney. I'm taking notes.

It IS the #10 bus that you want to catch to get to Cable beach correct? I have read so many post that my head is spinning and seen someone also mention a #10a bus?? Then I remember reading something about one of those buses takes you into a "shady" area and it's not recommended. So stick with the #10 only bus correct?

Thanks for the detailed information on where to catch the jitney. I'm taking notes.

It IS the #10 bus that you want to catch to get to Cable beach correct? I have read so many post that my head is spinning and seen someone also mention a #10a bus?? Then I remember reading something about one of those buses takes you into a "shady" area and it's not recommended. So stick with the #10 only bus correct?

Yes, take the #10 bus. The 10A goes to Cable Beach too but it goes through some neighborhoods so it will take longer.

Does the #10 bus go as far as Orange Hill Beach? I am heading to a wedding there and may use it to get back to the ship.

Some go that far, some don't. Ask the driver. He make take you.

You may need a cab coming back as they don't run often down that way.

The #10 or Western Transportation would be the jitney you want.

Ask..

• 1 month later...
Just one last quick question...we plan on taking this bus but...

by chance we miss it, we can't find it or whatever, how much will the charge be by taxi to get to Melia? I just want to plan ahead just in case. :)

Sorry to hi-jack but your thinking Melia? I can't decide what to do if anything in Nassua. I know you do your homework!! Wish you where cruising before me.

Sorry to hi-jack but your thinking Melia? I can't decide what to do if anything in Nassua. I know you do your homework!! Wish you where cruising before me.

Yep, we are going to Melia for sure this time around. We had originally thought about going back to Blue Lagoon since we had such a great time there and loved the island, but decided to try something different this time around. Hopefully we like it as much as Blue Lagoon. :)

Loved your Blue Lagoon review. It was out of our budget sadly. Well nothing is in our budget this cruise :( I'm still thrilled to be going even if we are not doing/spending much.

Aww, thank you. I had fun doing the review. Hopefully Melia will go over good as well. :D

Hi,

I haven't been to Nassau in years, and only ventured into the Straw Market.....which I didn't care for.

Can you tell me more about Melia? I looked at a bit of info on Trip Advisor and many were complaining about construction?

One person said they got access to Cable Beach thru a resort for only $20 pp.

Is it worth it? How much is Melia? Can you snorkel off Cable Beach? or is it much better to book thru a tour company?

We just booked our cruise a day ago, so lots of last minute arrangements to make

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...