Labadee Water Sports

newxmascruiser

Hi

We will be heading to Labadee for the 2nd time in March. Last time we were there we rode the coaster and my husband zip lined so we know about those, my cruise planner is offering up some activities for Labadee but not the ones I'm interested in so wondered if they (listed below)!are just walk up and pay on the day? Has anyone experience of these?

Wave runners - do they only offer these are a tour or can you just rent and off you go?

Parasailing

The aqua park people mention - is this the inflatables just off shore which I saw last time we were there?

Thanks for any advice

Those things should be available that day. You may not have your pick of times, but they are rarely fully booked.

The wave runners are a "follow the leader" thing...you can't just do you own thing! That's best reserved for another port, if you want to go off on your own.

I think the Aqua park is the inflatable stuff....not sure, as I've never been interested in that sort of thing!

Just visited Labadee the week of August 7, 2016.

The zip line had only a couple spots available at 10am.

The jet skis were sold out before the ship docked.

We were scheduled on the 1 pm. Jet skis, and the waves got very high,

We made it back to dock safely but it was challenging.

Then we found out that the 1:30 pm. jet skis started out but were called back in barely into their excursion, they did get a full refund.

Also, note If the winds come in the zip line has been known to be delayed at times and late times have been cancelled.

So book your excursions early.

Also, note yes the jet ski is follow the leader and you can and do go fast, but the attendants know the waters and reefs, and keep you out of harms way.

If you jet ski on your own at another port you are going not aware of where danger areas could be.

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss

• 3 weeks later...

I was looking for all these activities on the cruise planner and I can't find them?? There's maybe 4 things under excursions, none of which are the water sports (Zipline, parasail, water park etc.) Am I missing it or are they not available to book right now? Cruising 2/2017.

I was looking for all these activities on the cruise planner and I can't find them?? There's maybe 4 things under excursions, none of which are the water sports (Zipline, parasail, water park etc.) Am I missing it or are they not available to book right now? Cruising 2/2017.

They are there for me and I am cruising 3/17 on Harmony. Just keep checking I guess.

Yes, saw paddle boarding passing outside the roped off area in the alcove to barefoot beach.

Maybe about 5.

Right before them were the kayakers taking off.

Never saw them in the excursion section.

First time we saw them, maybe because someone asked me to look for them.

Enjoy Labadee, we do.

I found the beach loungers under excursions. It took some hunting around, but I found them. I understand that what your really doing here is reserving 2 loungers with the shell. Its $45 for 2 loungers. I'm a family of 4, but we only need 2 loungers. The kids don't need to lounge lol. So When i check out, do I just select a quantity of 1? Hence 2 loungers? :confused:

I found the beach loungers under excursions. It took some hunting around, but I found them. I understand that what your really doing here is reserving 2 loungers with the shell. Its $45 for 2 loungers. I'm a family of 4, but we only need 2 loungers. The kids don't need to lounge lol. So When i check out, do I just select a quantity of 1? Hence 2 loungers? :confused:

Yes that sounds about right.

Enjoy

Yes. You just put in "1", if you put "2", it will double charge you. By the way, the loungers are free to everyone. You are actually paying for the clamshell, not the chairs. You may have as many loungers that you need...just ask the attendant for your children. :)

Yes. You just put in "1", if you put "2", it will double charge you. By the way, the loungers are free to everyone. You are actually paying for the clamshell, not the chairs. You may have as many loungers that you need...just ask the attendant for your children. :)

Yes, I read another thread where they were talking about it. The point for us at least is to just reserve us chairs. I've never been, so I'm happy to hear others experiences. I don't wanna be off the boat as soon as possible to get to a beach chair to reserve, and from what I've read it can turn into that. I'd rather just show up when we show up and have the spot/chairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Excursions are 20% off thru this evening. The float mats.... Are they available on all beaches? 1st time in Labadee and reading thru CC, will probably head over to Columbus cove. TIA

How do you get the 20% off?? I'm looking at Cruise and I don't see 20% off offer?

• 4 months later...

Just checked Cruise Planner and the all day pass for the Dragon Tail Coaster says online resis not available. I assume that means sold out? And if so do you think it will open up once on the ship? And last question - if I buy the one ride pass can I upgrade it to the all day if it is available?? TIA

Just checked Cruise Planner and the all day pass for the Dragon Tail Coaster says online resis not available. I assume that means sold out? And if so do you think it will open up once on the ship? And last question - if I buy the one ride pass can I upgrade it to the all day if it is available?? TIA

Just posted this on another thread about the coaster:

When you arrive at Labadee go to the check in area for the coaster behind the BBQ, it is where the tram ends near adrenaline beach.

There is a sign.

Take your sea pass, sign your waivers and the attendants will tell you if a single or all day pass are still available (they hold some back.)

The only thing we ever saw so booked out was the zip line and jet skis.

Now remember if there are two in your party, you can ride twice each person being a driver with the other as a passenger and then flipping the next time you do and let the passenger be the driver.

You sit one behind the other.

or

You could just go once and go alone in your own car.

Now

Remember, nothing moves fast on Labadee except the coaster, zip line and jet skis.

Workers are in only one gear....slow.....................

That being said, once you get in line purchase the ride sign your waivers, you get in a line to ride the coaster.

And the workers painfully look over worked.

Once seated you watch a safety video and then do the ride.

Yup it is pricey, but fun.

Take your camera, pictures of the ship as you come down are awesome.

You can control your own speed and brake if you want or go full throttle.

Oh.

We waited one hour in line for our turn to ride.

It was hot in the sun, little covered roof.

I really do not think you want to spend that time waiting in line (Thats why we dont think the all day pass is worth it), with other things to do......

Enjoy the coaster we did.

Love Labadee

Hope it helps.