Air Berlin

lauraapp

I found a good fare returning from Copenhagen to Lax on Air Berlin not

sure of service, comfort etc. anyone fly with them?

While I have not flown on Air Berlin, I have been researching them and asking travel agents their opinions. The comments from their clients & my research has been positive so we're using FF miles to fly from Copenhagen to LAX next May.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We have flown them 3 times now. The service is great and so are the meals.

That's good to know & I've also read that now all of their Airbus 330–200 long-distance aircraft have lay flat business-class seats. While they may not be as nice as other airline's first-class seats we got FF saver awards for a more comfortable experience. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

What about leg room?

Joe, here are the stats from SeatGuru for their long distance A330-200 (coach 18"wide seeds with 30 inch pitch; business 20" wide seats with 59-60 inch pitch)

Pitch/

Bed Length Width Seating details

Business 59-60/

71.3 20

19 flat bed seats with 180 degree recline

Pitch Width Seating details

Economy 30 18

279 standard seats

Do you have top pay for meals? Seat assignments?

No charge for meals, but if you want to you can select a seat and yes they do charge for that. Last trip we let them assign our seat and then we changed it with no charge.

Joe, here are the stats from SeatGuru for their long distance A330-200 (coach 18"wide seeds with 30 inch pitch; business 20" wide seats with 59-60 inch pitch)

Pitch/

Bed Length Width Seating details

Business 59-60/

71.3 20

19 flat bed seats with 180 degree recline

Pitch Width Seating details

Economy 30 18

279 standard seats

Thanks Frank. Unfortunately for me I need a pitch of 32 in or more in coach. Not fun flying anymore.

Joe

We've used them many times between Ft Myers and Dusseldorf and then on through Europe.

Never a problem, on time and comfortable. Would not hesitate to book them again.

:)

+ 1

I have flown Abu Dhabi to Phuket 3 times and not had a problem.

Not quite on par with Emirates or Etihad but acceptable if the price is good.

I did. Vancouver dusseldorf Venice..it was good. Not a lot of leg room, but fine. Flight was on time. Food was different but fine. I may pay a bit more though because of leg room and consider flight schedules.

Thanks Frank. Unfortunately for me I need a pitch of 32 in or more in coach. Not fun flying anymore.

Joe

In my youth I was jealous of people who were tall like you which no longer is the case when being crammed into a coach seat. :p

Besides the free economy meals they also provide free drinks:

"The selection of complimentary drinks has been extended to include a choice of aperitifs, wine, sparking wine, beer, liqueurs and spirits".

In my youth I was jealous of people who were tall like you which no longer is the case when being crammed into a coach seat. :p

Besides the free economy meals they also provide free drinks:

"The selection of complimentary drinks has been extended to include a choice of aperitifs, wine, sparking wine, beer, liqueurs and spirits".

Yea but I'm great at changing light bulbs. LOL

My friend just visited me flying Air Berlin from VIE-ORD with a change in DUS.

He said it was a fine flight and the price was good. If you got a good fare, and none of the domestic lines are that cheap you might want to book. I was actually thinking of flying them from ORD to HAJ if they go there.

Norwegian is flying directly from CPH to LAX and they are very cheap.

They are cheap but a warning is in place for Norwegian Longhaul due to the problems with their Boeing 787.

Lots of delayed flights, sometimes delayed by more then 24 hours.

We flew Air Berlin twice within Europe in the last 3 years. It is a perfectly ok airline, on par with legacy airlines such as Lufthansa. Good meal, good staff, new aircraft, average legroom. Cannot comment on long haul.

AirBerlin is part of the One World Alliance. With your American Airlines, British Airways, or other One World loyalty card, you get frequent flyer miles on AB. Also, if there is a problem with your flight, they rebook on One World partners, something low budget airline Norwegian does not.