Sun Shelter Rental

Tiggipaws

Hi

These are not the clam shell sun shelters, they are described as a sun shelter compact, semi-circular, open-front tent with a tent-fabric floor -- ideal for use anywhere on the beach. Just wondering if they are any good?

Thanks

Hi

These are not the clam shell sun shelters, they are described as a sun shelter compact, semi-circular, open-front tent with a tent-fabric floor -- ideal for use anywhere on the beach. Just wondering if they are any good?

Thanks

I wonder if they're new? They just had the regular clamshells in December. You might want to ask on the Carnival board. Carnival goes to Half Moon Cay when Holland America is not using the island.

There is a big price difference as well. $39.95 vs $11.95. Hopefully, sometime next fall someone will be able to post some pictures. I'm guessing that they might not be very big.

• 3 weeks later...

Just come across this thread too while trying to find out the difference between the sun shelter and clam shell! Take it we are none the wiser as yet? I hate that the HAL excursion planner doesn't actually have a photo of the shelter! X

Just come across this thread too while trying to find out the difference between the sun shelter and clam shell! Take it we are none the wiser as yet? I hate that the HAL excursion planner doesn't actually have a photo of the shelter! X
Amazon has a bunch of things called a "sun shelter tent" or "beach tent" that all look pretty similar. My guess is that they look like one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_10?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=sunshelter+tent&sprefix=sunshelter%2Caps%2C188&crid=2ZE3NRGHMMIWE

I'm getting the impression you pick these up then set them up yourselves where you find a space. Think I may just book a clam!

I would have too ------ until they jacked the price up to $40! No more nickel and diming -- they are charging serious bucks now! LOL

• 4 weeks later...