Are fans allowed? FOS

We have always brought a fan with us, never had an issue. We find the staterooms to be a bit warm for us, as well.

:)

I'm a bit confused. All the staterooms are air conditioned. How can they be hot?

We have always brought a fan with us, never had an issue. We find the staterooms to be a bit warm for us, as well.

:)

Oh well, just shows you that we are not all the same.

We ALWAYS find the cabins much too cold. When we get to cabin on first day, I locate the thermostat(s) and turn them up.

Plus our travel clock also shows the temp, and we try to keep temp above 77.

Guess that's why we live in FL.

We ALWAYS find the cabins much too cold. When we get to cabin on first day, I locate the thermostat(s) and turn them up.

Yea, we're from the Northeast... :)

Having a fan in the room (for me) has more to do with air movement and not temperature. I sleep with a ceiling fan running year round at night. Last year I sent an email to RCI and asked about bringing a fan with me and their response was to bring a note from my doctor in case of a problem with security. Needless to say my doctor thought this was nuts but wrote me one anyway. So I am prepared if I get called down to the "naughty room" I can prove with a doctor's note that I need it. My fan is already packed in the suitcase and ready to go in 4 days :D

For some of us....it's not the temp, but the AIRFLOW! It can be 40 degrees in the room, and I'll still have a hot-flash! The only thing that helps is air blowing on me....hence, a fan is part of my travel paraphenelia!!!

I use a fan almost every night too. I would like to bring one but never would have thought it was possible. How in the world do you pack a fan? In a tote bag and just carry it on?

I pack mine in the luggage and pack clothes around it.

FamilyCruise2011672.jpg[/img]

If you look closely you can see the fan to the right of the bed. I think it is 12".

Oh well, just shows you that we are not all the same.We ALWAYS find the cabins much too cold. When we get to cabin on first day, I locate the thermostat(s) and turn them up.Plus our travel clock also shows the temp, and we try to keep temp above 77.

So true we are not all the same! We moved to Hawaii from Ohio because my daughter had to get away from the cold. Our house doesn't have air conditioning but we get a breeze. She is happy as a clam. I sit in front of a fan and sweat. I never thought about taking a fan on a cruise but now I just might.:D On a cruise I turn the thermostat to cold and she turns is back up.:eek:

For some of us....it's not the temp, but the AIRFLOW! It can be 40 degrees in the room, and I'll still have a hot-flash! The only thing that helps is air blowing on me....hence, a fan is part of my travel paraphenelia!!!

Girlfriend I sooo know what you mean :) That is why I NEEEEED my fan!!! A shot of air tames the flashes and then I can fall back to sleep.. For those who haven't experienced them YET be grateful they are not a fun thing to endure :(

I guess the Doctors note will be a great idea too :) No issues with taking one then.

Just the opposite here. When I first get in my cabin, the thermostat goes all the way down...and stays there for the entire trip. I still get to warm at night.

OH YES - definitely for that reason, too!!! ;)

Someone from my roll call on the Enchantment at the beginning of the month had her fan confiscated--she said that's the first time that's ever happened to her (and she's Diamond Plus).

Thanks for the photo. If I can make room in my suitcase I just might try this!:D

I pack mine in the luggage and pack clothes around it.

FamilyCruise2011672.jpg[/img]

If you look closely you can see the fan to the right of the bed. I think it is 12".

I use a fan almost every night too. I would like to bring one but never would have thought it was possible. How in the world do you pack a fan? In a tote bag and just carry it on?

I bring this one:

http://www.amazon.com/O2COOL-Battery-Electric-Portable-Black/dp/B002VEDG5Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1337728187&sr=8-3

It's very thin and fits in a suitcase just fine. I also like that it can be

battery operated, so when the naughty room people try to take it

(and they have a couple of times), I point out it's battery operated

and thus not a fire hazard, and they let it go.

Someone from my roll call on the Enchantment at the beginning of the month had her fan confiscated--she said that's the first time that's ever happened to her (and she's Diamond Plus).

We too were on the Enchantment and had to go to the naughty room for our fan. This was our second time. :o I have to say that Enchantment seems to have zero tolerance for fans, no matter how small. We saw a tiny 3 inch, 6 inch and our 8 inch fan taken. DH has breathing difficulties, uses a CPAP and they finally let us have it based on his medical issues. I don't think C&A status has anything to do with it.

A diamond plus doesn't have to follow the rules?

Wow.

Missed that one in the benefits.

I need to go and check what else I missed.

We sailed on Voyager this past March and had a fan exactly like the one shown in Buckeye State Cruiser's photo. Packed it in a suitcase with extra shoes and miscellaneous items and never had a problem at all. Made it very nice having our fan at night !! :)

From being on these boards for a while, I have come to the conclusion... Some people just over think what they need to pack for a cruise.

Trust me when I say I NEED a fan :) Since having surgery my hot flashes rage and I am not going to take hormones so a fan does the trick and I cool down :) If I have to scale down on other items I WILL :D

Archived