Cabins and luggage?

jb456

And...I'll add.....although the cabins are usually ready 1:30ish, your checked luggage may arrive at your cabin door as late as 5ish. Obviously, all luggage has to be stacked initially and then unstacked and delivered a bit at a time once it's on board. Some will be first in the stack and some last. So carry on board anything you will need until you luggage arrives.

Sometimes the luggage will not appear in your cabin at all if the x-ray process indicates security needs to further inspect your luggage. Instead, a letter will be delivered to your stateroom instructing you to go to a location on the ship (Naughty Room) for a further inspection in your presence. Frequently, the x-ray shows a bottle in your suitcase that they need to verify it does not contain alcohol. If they find something you are not allowed to bring aboard, they will confiscate the item(s) and return it at the end of the cruise.

On our Panama Canal cruise last November, my DW's suitcase did not show up in the cabin and she did not have any prohibited items in it. Around 3 PM she received a phone call indicating they recovered her suitcase from the bottom of Miami harbor after an incident where a luggage cart rolled off the pier. She was instructed to go to an area on deck 4 where they would inventory all items prior to the items being cleaned by the laundry. Although it was an unfortunate incident, we did not allow it to spoil our cruise.

I think that you will be lucky to be in a cabin by 1.30 unless most people are staying aboard for the second leg of B2B. It could be later if most of the cabins have to be changed. I would work on 3pm and hope it might be earlier.

The luggage will arrive when it arrives, it will depend on when it is passed over to the onshore crew and where it finishes on board. Work on the premise it will be there about 5pm and be pleased if it is there earlier. Normal cabins it will be sitting outside the door.

If you have anything they don't like in your luggage, any type of bottle, a knife, a metal comb or so on, expect a note on your door. You will have to go to pick up your luggage and show them the offending item. That could be as late as 8pm.

All part of the fun for a first time cruiser.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

I think latest luggage delivery is 5pm, after that time you're welcomed to the tagless luggage/naughty room. Can be anywhere between 1ish and 5pm.

Cabins ready is 1pm, 2pm or sometimes 3pm. It all depends.

Bring a small bag with a fresh set of (summer)clothes, swim wear and a book which you can carry on after checking in.

No need to leave the bar, just move your luggage to your cabin when you go back to get changed... or go to bed :p

Or if they are still there during turn down, typically the room guy will bring them in the room, at least on other lines. I don't remember NCL.

I know we've left for dinner without having our bags. When we came back they were in our room.