Transport Houston-Hobby to Galveston...

disneyduggan

How the heck does this work? I'm really struggling to figure this out.

The way I see can do it one of two ways...

We fly in on a Saturday evening. We could stay the night in Houston or stay the night in Galveston for our Sunday departure.

Just can't figure out how to get from point A (Houston) to point B (Galveston).

We are a family of 5.

Any help is really appreciated!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you rent a car? I just talked to Enterprise and they will rent a one way Houston-Galveston (or, the other way around). The office in Galveston doesn't do a drop-off service, so that's a $10 cab fare, too. One way rental is about $69 for a compact car, including the drop-off fee and taxes.

My preference is to always be IN the cruise location city the night before. I do not like driving to the port the day of the cruise, as we like to be on the ship by 11:30AM. So, if it was me, I'd rent the car in Houston at the airport, and stay overnight in Galveston. Get a hotel that has free parking, and hopefully a cruiseport shuttle. Get rid of the car after dinner (or in the morning), go back to the hotel, and shuttle over in the morning.

Why don't you rent a car? I just talked to Enterprise and they will rent a one way Houston-Galveston (or, the other way around). The office in Galveston doesn't do a drop-off service, so that's a $10 cab fare, too. One way rental is about $69 for a compact car, including the drop-off fee and taxes.

There have been posts regarding a drop charge for Enterprise of $200. Perhaps this was incorrect information. Also the office is closed and you drop the keys for them to check the car in when they come on Monday.

There have been posts regarding a drop charge for Enterprise of $200. Perhaps this was incorrect information. Also the office is closed and you drop the keys for them to check the car in when they come on Monday.

I called the Galveston office up yesterday and talked to them. At this time the drop-off fee is NOT $200 for a Friday drop-off.This is renting Galveston TO Hobby; maybe Hobby to Galveston is a different story.

the last 3 years myself and my wife have cruised out of galveston we fly from okc into houston on saturday .. rent a car ... drive it around and return it to the galveston location on sunday morning (location is closed on sunday but the gate is unlocked and you lock the car up and drop the keys in the drop box) and YOU DO NOT HAVE A 200.00 FEE ... CALL THE GALVESTON LOCATION AND GET THE RENTAL ! this year we are going to drive to galveston but its worked great the last 3 years ...

hope everything works out for you all :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the phone with Super Shuttle and they quoted us $101 for a private van for 7 people from Hobby Airport into Comfort Inn on Seawall in Galveston. Same price quoted to go from cruise port back to Hobby. I do not think that is a bad price.

the last 3 years myself and my wife have cruised out of galveston we fly from okc into houston on saturday .. rent a car ... drive it around and return it to the galveston location on sunday morning (location is closed on sunday but the gate is unlocked and you lock the car up and drop the keys in the drop box) and YOU DO NOT HAVE A 200.00 FEE ... CALL THE GALVESTON LOCATION AND GET THE RENTAL ! this year we are going to drive to galveston but its worked great the last 3 years ..

Did you use Enterprise?

Just got off the phone with Super Shuttle and they quoted us $101 for a private van for 7 people from Hobby Airport into Comfort Inn on Seawall in Galveston. Same price quoted to go from cruise port back to Hobby. I do not think that is a bad price.

For seven people, that sounds like a respectable price!

Archived