Cruising with a baby

Mabks0412

So my husband and I have talked about this for a while now. Long story short, we are able to get a cruise for 2017 for almost nothing. However, by then we will have a little one who will be less than a year old.

Naturally we will be taking the little one with us since we have no family that can watch the baby while we take a vacation.

Any suggestions on cruising with a baby? What do you parents usually pack?

Also, do you just bring the baby's birth certificate with you? Anything else needed?

I figured I would ask now and get a jump start on getting a list together (I'm a very list detailed person).

Thanks in advanced!

You will need to bring ALL the "baby stuff" you'll need....none is avail. on the ship, and trying to find baby items in ports will be difficult and time consuming. Start counting diapers a few weeks in advance for a week (or however long you'll be cruising) and then bring extras, just in case. Bring ALL possible pediatric medications....nose drops, ear drops, decongestants, fever/pain relievers.....whatever you MIGHT need!

Bring a stroller and blow-up tub (cabins have showers!!!).... Ask for a crib or pack and play in advance.

Yes...you'll need the baby's BC...the one they send from your STATE...not the one you get at the hospital!

If you're nursing, that's the easiest thing! If your child is eating soft foods, there are lots of "mashable" items....

Read a guidebook on your ports, so you'll have some idea of what is in each place...you can decide WHAT you want to do, and the book will give you good tips on HOW to do them!

Edited by cb at sea

Thank you!! I've heard about the blow up tub, I think someone mentioned they brought it out onto the lido deck so the baby could play in that since I know they aren't allowed in the pools (which isn't a big deal as we never actually get in, we just usually put our feet in on the side or something.)

We cruised with both our children as infants. Be sure you pack plenty of diapers, wipes, food, formula, meds, everything you might need. We chose Royal Caribbean while our kids were babies because you can order all this stuff ahead of time and have it in your cabin upon arrival instead of packing it all. We used the cruise provided pack and play. Our kids have cruised lots since and we all still love it!!

Thank you!! I've heard about the blow up tub, I think someone mentioned they brought it out onto the lido deck so the baby could play in that since I know they aren't allowed in the pools (which isn't a big deal as we never actually get in, we just usually put our feet in on the side or something.)

Not sure you are allowed to bring a blow up pool onto the Lido Deck. If you have a balcony cabin, I believe most parents put it there.