Dancing with the Stars Fall 2015 Gowns and more

KandCsailing

A new thread for the Fall 2015 season.

Everyone welcome.

"Dancing With the Stars" Season 21 premieres Monday, September 14 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

Most of the Pros have been announced.

I'm not sure if it is only on Monday's this time or if there are results shows again. Sounds like there might be a 2 hour results show.

"ABC's fall 2015 celeb cast won't be revealed until September 2, but the professional dancers are the real stars nowadays and "Good Morning America" revealed nine of the pros on August 19.

Here are the announced pros:

Karina Smirnoff (Season 13 pro champion, returning after a season off)

Val Chmerkovskiy (reigning Season 20 pro champion)

Derek Hough (five time pro champion)

Mark Ballas (two-time pro champ)

Witney Carson (Season 19 pro champ)

Peta Murgatroyd (Season 14 pro champ)

Sharna Burgess

Artem Chigvintsev

Allison Holker

That's only nine names, and DWTS has had 12-13 pairs for several years now. The show hasn't had less than 10 since Season 20, so ... should we expect more pro names to be added? Where's Tony Dovolani? How about Emma Slater? No Keo Motsepe? Maybe Maksim Chmerkovskiy and/or Cheryl Burke will return, like Karina, and we just have to wait for more names. They've done that before, so there's room for hope."

Edited by KandCsailing

Often times, the pros they have are dependent on the stars they sign. I've heard of pros not being on when they thought they would when the star they would have been paired with dropped out, and vice-versa. Although, I must say that if Allison is in and Emma is out that is a monumental travesty, second place or no second place.

No Tony would be a shock, as he's been on every season since S2. I have heard rumours of him becoming a judge, and Len is apparently still not 100% that he won't be on, so maybe that's the issue.

Yay, a new DWTS thread! Only 14 days until the stars announcement!

I thought Derek wasn't doing this anymore. Glad Karina is back! Don't think Cheryl will be back but you never know (she wasn't included in the anniversary show because she was on a show on another network). Sure hope Tony's there, wouldn't be the same without him. But hopefully he'll have a decent partner for once.

Gossip: Witney and The Bachelor (Chris S) - together?

Waiting to see how many of the "stars" that I don't know or even heard of them.:o:D I'm over the "stars" thing and just watch it for seeing those who have never danced before and how they progress.

There once was a show called Dance Boot Camp, or something like that. They took just ordinary, everyday people and put them through a week of teaching and learning. There was no competition, it was just one person and it showed what they were able to do after a week. Some were very good, some average and some were hopeless.:D

CNN.com just announced that Len Goodman will not be a judge this year, but he may show up once or twice in another capacity. There will be 3 judges (Bruno, CarryAnn and Julianne) and a few guest judges. So not much different than part of last year, eh?

CNN.com just announced that Len Goodman will not be a judge this year, but he may show up once or twice in another capacity. There will be 3 judges (Bruno, CarryAnn and Julianne) and a few guest judges. So not much different than part of last year, eh?

Too bad they film Strictly Come Dancing in England at the same time. I guess Bruno will still do both and fly back and forth.

I'm surprised Derek is back since he had been going to take last season off till he was offered Nastia as a partner.

Julianne will get to show off her new engagement ring from her NHL Washington Capitals boyfriend, Canadian Brooks Laich.

Looking forward to hearing who the "stars" will be - don't think I have ever heard of more than four of them in any given season.:o

I actually started watching the show after enjoying seeing people dancing on a cruise.

Oh I can't wait for DWTS to be back! My absolute fav show. I'm just hoping that this season they won't have a ringer in like they have in the past. IMHO, none of the celebrity "stars" should have pro dance experience. Keep it an even playing field. I'd also love to see Val teamed up with someone who can't dance at all, instead of always teaming him up with someone with a dance background. Derek and Sharna have had some real challenges in the past. Anyway, it's really high up here so I'd better climb down off my soap box :p! Do any of you actually vote, or just watch?

Oh I can't wait for DWTS to be back! My absolute fav show. I'm just hoping that this season they won't have a ringer in like they have in the past. IMHO, none of the celebrity "stars" should have pro dance experience. Keep it an even playing field. I'd also love to see Val teamed up with someone who can't dance at all, instead of always teaming him up with someone with a dance background. Derek and Sharna have had some real challenges in the past. Anyway, it's really high up here so I'd better climb down off my soap box :p! Do any of you actually vote, or just watch?

I vote each week!

We love Dancing with the Stars or as I call it - Dancing with the B Listers which I'll admit may be a bit generous. ;) I guess real stars just aren't that desperate.

So I'll admit that I watch for the dancing and the costumes and rarely vote although if I really like someone and it is getting nearer to the end I will.

I will already admit that I am not going to be a Bindi Irwin fan. Perhaps we will get the see a more "real" side of her but I doubt it - she has grown up in the business and knows how to spin it. I'm sure that they will be milking her father's death .... to death, add her overly exaggerated, fake cheerfulness and I think I will be hoping she leaves early on.

Edited by Jane2357

Alexa and Carlos PenaVega

Saw them on Entertainment Tonight. Afraid they are two more I know nothing about (nor the shows they have been on).

Is naming one or two at a time something new? I don't remember them doing this the last couple of seasons.