Name announced

According to fb the new ship is to be called Thomson Discovery :)

Well spotted Linda. I like it. I voted for Explorer in Sailaway's poll because that's what cruises are for me - exploring and experiencing new places. Discovery conveys the same kind of sentiment so I think it's an appropriate name for a ship. Let's hope lots of us are able to Discover what she has to offer - and lots of super destinations too. ;)

Could be confusing with M/v Discovery already sailing...I think with Cruise and Maritime.....our very first cruise ship!

Didn't Discovery get scrapped last year? But I agree, very poor choice of name, when I hear the name Discovery I either think of the former CMV ship, or Voyages of Discovery.

well spotted linda :cool: and well guessed in the poll sailaway :cool:

perhaps they took their inspiration from the poll?:cool:

thomson discovery.... yeah i like it (sounds a bit like the thomson recovery....which i guess they are hoping it will be):rolleyes:

would love to know where its gonna be heading for winter 2016:)

we are going on our third cruise in five weeks time all with thomsons, 2 on the dream this time on the celebration.As much as we like thomsons we had decided to try another cruise line next year to experience a newer ship ect.But when it was announced it was getting the splendour we said great a newer ship with balconies and the thomson crew and shows.

So we were very dissapointed to see she is doing the same sailings the dream did from palma no new DISCOVERY'S here,so i guess its P&O or RC after all.

we are going on our third cruise in five weeks time all with thomsons, 2 on the dream this time on the celebration.As much as we like thomsons we had decided to try another cruise line next year to experience a newer ship ect.But when it was announced it was getting the splendour we said great a newer ship with balconies and the thomson crew and shows.

So we were very dissapointed to see she is doing the same sailings the dream did from palma no new DISCOVERY'S here,so i guess its P&O or RC after all.

i'm holding my breath for some new ports/itineraries for winter 2016/17 (please let it be the far east):cool:

Edited by geomagot

Why are there only inside cabins available?

They cannot be sold out of every other cabin on every sailing!

Are you looking at the Thomson site? I've just done a random couple of dates in June and July 2016 and there appears to be most cabin categories available. They usually advertise the cheapest fare i.e. inside cabin but if you click on the 'Choose and Continue' button all the cabin categories come up along with the upgrade cost.

Are you looking at the Thomson site? I've just done a random couple of dates in June and July 2016 and there appears to be most cabin categories available. They usually advertise the cheapest fare i.e. inside cabin but if you click on the 'Choose and Continue' button all the cabin categories come up along with the upgrade cost.

Thanks for that, I was looking on a TA site.

Looking at the Thomson site you are quite correct, plenty of other cabins available.