Inflatable Water Park aside from Blue Lagoon

Reneeaz1982

We would really like to go to Blue Lagoon but are worried about getting there and back. We are cruising with Carnival and they no longer offers Blue Lagoon as an excursion.

Does anyone know of any other resorts that have a similar inflatable water park. This looks like something my kids would love. The ports we will be visiting in Nassau, Grand Turk and HMC.

Thanks in advance!

We booked a dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon. We booked through shore excursion group. I don't know about other companies, but this one provides us a bus at the cruise terminal itself to take us on to the ferry terminal...so, no need for a taxi. I think their first departure time is 8:00 am. They also guarantee that they'll have you back to the ship on time or they'll pay to get you to your next port. They claim they've never had a customer they failed to get back on time. We'll be taking the 2:00 ferry leaving Blue Lagoon to get back as the next one doesn't leave until 4:00.

• 2 weeks later...

I do realize that we could have delays. We did get a flight that's in by 9:30 am, if all goes well. We were just trying to save a few bucks. But I think in the future we will fly in a day early! As for the transfers, I tried awhile ago to purchase them both ways. I got an error message for both coming and going!

At this point, I'm looking at other options. There's just the two of us. I saw Port Everglades Express. $7 pp each way. They only do airport to cruise port transfers. Is anyone familiar with them? Or I saw reference to SAS. Do I need reservations for SAS?

• 3 weeks later...
We booked a dolphin encounter at Blue Lagoon. We booked through shore excursion group. I don't know about other companies, but this one provides us a bus at the cruise terminal itself to take us on to the ferry terminal...so, no need for a taxi. I think their first departure time is 8:00 am. They also guarantee that they'll have you back to the ship on time or they'll pay to get you to your next port. They claim they've never had a customer they failed to get back on time. We'll be taking the 2:00 ferry leaving Blue Lagoon to get back as the next one doesn't leave until 4:00.

Can I ask what group you booked this through? I'd like to look them up.

Can I ask what group you booked this through? I'd like to look them up.

I would love to know also. We really want to do the Blue Lagoon but Carnival does Balmoral Island and transportation was a huge concern because of the taxi to ferry ride and back.

We are on the Carnival Pride (Aug 9th sailing). We've been to Nassau before and really want to see Blue Lagoon. Our time in port doesn't work well with the ferry to do it on our own. However, the Carnival excursion list does now list a "treasure hunt & beach at Blue Lagoon". But there are no reviews and I've posted to try to find out if anyone has done this with Carnival. Our kids are older and wouldn't want the treasure hunt - we would use the excursion to get there then swim & use the water toys. It's so surprising we can't find any reviews or confirmations that this could work on the Pride..

We are on the Carnival Pride (Aug 9th sailing). We've been to Nassau before and really want to see Blue Lagoon. Our time in port doesn't work well with the ferry to do it on our own. However, the Carnival excursion list does now list a "treasure hunt & beach at Blue Lagoon". But there are no reviews and I've posted to try to find out if anyone has done this with Carnival. Our kids are older and wouldn't want the treasure hunt - we would use the excursion to get there then swim & use the water toys. It's so surprising we can't find any reviews or confirmations that this could work on the Pride..

I've emailed carnival twice about this excursion to Blue Lagoon. Here's what they told me. They'll provide travel to the ferry terminal. You'll leave for Blue Lagoon about 10:30am. You'll get to the island after 11am. You'll have to catch the 2pm boat back. So you'll only get a couple of hours on the island. You will not have to participate in the hunt, you can just chill on the beach. It really isn't conducive to 8-5 dock times. You can't get to the terminal by 8:30 for the first ferry in and you have to catch the 2pm out because 4pm is too late. The ferry times need better optimization.

I've emailed carnival twice about this excursion to Blue Lagoon. Here's what they told me. They'll provide travel to the ferry terminal. You'll leave for Blue Lagoon about 10:30am. You'll get to the island after 11am. You'll have to catch the 2pm boat back. So you'll only get a couple of hours on the island. You will not have to participate in the hunt, you can just chill on the beach. It really isn't conducive to 8-5 dock times. You can't get to the terminal by 8:30 for the first ferry in and you have to catch the 2pm out because 4pm is too late. The ferry times need better optimization.

For our sailing, we are in Nassau 11am - 8pm. The only way it could have worked was if Carnival was providing somehow the transportation. If they are just using the regular ferry then there's no way it can work. Thank you for providing the answer they did give :)

• 10 months later...

Our port time is 12-7 next week. Has anyone been able to make this work?

Actually, never mind as I just read the NCL reviews of the excursion & not worth it. So, the original question stands. Is there another area with inflatables?

Edited by ttnc4me

Our port time is 12-7 next week. Has anyone been able to make this work?

Actually, never mind as I just read the NCL reviews of the excursion & not worth it. So, the original question stands. Is there another area with inflatables?

I don't think so.