July Sailing to Alaska

TRadle

We are sailing on the Solstice in July and someone asked if there are a lot of kids on the ship in the summer.

(I know from past experiences that this will depend on tons of factors, so let's just skip those answers! ;) )

I am asking those who have sailed Celebrity in July to Alaska what their experiences have been in regards to the number of kids and behavior.

Thanks! I'm a teacher and that is the answer I was hoping for. I'd still sail regardless but there are others joining us that are leaving the little ones at home and were wondering if this would be the adult break they are looking for.

Thanks! I'm a teacher and that is the answer I was hoping for. I'd still sail regardless but there are others joining us that are leaving the little ones at home and were wondering if this would be the adult break they are looking for.

I'm sailing the Solstice in July with my 5, turning 6 year old son, and I too am worried about kids on board.

More specifically, dealing with those, who are like your friends, who would look down at a family that desires to vacation with their child simply enjoying a summertime cruise, because they desire an "adult break". It really bothers me that your friends would not like having children on board with them, especially since this is not an adults only cruise. If they want an adult break, go to one of the Mexican adults only resorts, jeesh.

I'm sailing the Solstice in July with my 5, turning 6 year old son, and I too am worried about kids on board.

More specifically, dealing with those, who are like your friends, who would look down at a family that desires to vacation with their child simply enjoying a summertime cruise, because they desire an "adult break". It really bothers me that your friends would not like having children on board with them, especially since this is not an adults only cruise. If they want an adult break, go to one of the Mexican adults only resorts, jeesh.

I think it's great when children get to explore other parts of the world, but there is no way I would want to be cruising with a bunch of yard apes. :D Not all children are yard apes. It's the ill mannered, unruly, obnoxious, temper tantrum throwing kids that I can't stand. Most of the time it's the parents fault with horrible parenting skills who don't even care. Not saying your kids are like this, but there are way to many of them. Other than that I don't care if they are on board.

Even though we live in Alaska we've done three Alaskan cruises on Celebrity. And one was in July. On all of those cruises there were definitely more kids onboard then we generally see. We thought it was a nice balance of enough kids so that they could meet new friends from different areas of the world without over-running the ship.

Mexico is not Alaska. We have all been on cruises (the people in my party) where kids have run wild without any adult supervision. They would jump into elevators pushing all the buttons, run the the hallways on the decks, push people, and just have unacceptable behavior in general.

If your children do not behave this way then no one will be looking down on them. If your kids fit that description, well what can I say.........

We cruised Alaska in August. Some children on board but not like a Caribbean cruise. I have to say we had no issues re the children's behaviour.

The adult only inside pool area was enforced but there was a 'family time' I think 5pm-7pm (unsure of timing) when children were allowed in.

Only behaviour issue we saw all cruise was two elderly ladies who insisted on sitting on the steps going into the pool and huffed and puffed when anyone else wanted to get in or out!