Just don't know what to do... help us choose?

noche_caliente

We will be visiting Roatan on 1/6/15 and are currently considering our options We visited Roatan in 2009 and fell in love with the island during a visit to the now closed Sante Day Spa. We picked this cruise itinerary due to the stop in Roatan. However, we find ourselves having a difficult time deciding what to do during this visit. I have done plenty of research on locations and providers on trip advisor and cruise critic and wanted to ask your advice. One option we considered is Fantasy Island, and we had been pretty well set on that for a while, but then I found other options and it just looked dingy and artificial in comparison. The other option that really stood out to me was the Havana Beach Club/Palm Beach. The pictures make it look absolutely perfect and quiet... but perhaps it is a little TOO quiet considering the warning of an armed robbery in March? The beaches on West Bay look pristine and beautiful, but they also seem very crowded. Could you help us determine the best option for us?

We will be a party of 6, 4 adults and 2 kids aged 4 and 9.

I would like a quiet beach day with shade (a MUST due to skin cancer) and chairs for the adults. The water should be calm for the kids.

We have NO desire for a package that includes food and drink, as none of our party drinks alcohol, and we have multiple food allergies.

Our total budget for the day is $200.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help you can offer.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a dune buggy adventure last year. Drove through mud pits and got incredibly muddy. It was awesome :) the mud doesn't really come out though so either wear non cotton clothing or bring old stuff you can toss later. I did the latter. More room in my suitcase for stuff that I bought that I didn't need :)

I believe it was called Roatan Sandblasters.

We also went to Little French Key the year before. That was also very nice.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Forums mobile app

Seriously, no one has any advice?

Just my thought, but for a party of 6 people, it's going to be very hard to find any place that will only cost $200 (including transportation and everything that goes into getting to the place as well). Maybe that's why you are not getting a response? :confused:

I've been to Roatan many times and honestly the best beach is West Bay. Plunk yourself down at Banarama which is in the heart of the beach and enjoy the shade under their trees. If you order some food, you'll have no issues with beach chair use at their property. For a bit quieter beach location, grab a water taxi from there and head toward West End ($3 pp). Local taxis and food will be well under your budget desires.

We went to west bay beach to bananarama beach club. We used island marketing to get there. You can read my review. The link is in my signature below. The carnival dream one

It was a nice beach. There is snorkelling nearby. The vendors cant get too close to you if you are at the beach club. There are lots of them. Island marketing was a good company

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Forums mobile app

We will be visiting Roatan on 1/6/15 and are currently considering our options We visited Roatan in 2009 and fell in love with the island during a visit to the now closed Sante Day Spa.

Why do you say Sante Day Spa is closed? When did they close?

We did a tour thorough Victor Bodden last time we were in Roatan and had a great time. We went to the Iguana Farm and loved it. We did the beach and some other things I can't remember off the top of my head. It wasn't too expensive and a lot of fun.

Elisa- Sante closed about a year and half ago and Angela moved back to the states. They have been trying to sell the property, and Leon is back in town from time to time.

According to tripadvisor reviews it is up and running again as Sante wellness retreat with Angela and Leon. Also B&B.

I saw on a post that Sante was closed. This is NOT true. I emailed Angela and she said they are open and welcome their cruise clients for day spa services. If you love the spa and are going to Roatan, you should visit Sante Wellness Retreat. It is an amazing place and the treatments are fabulous!

I saw on a post that Sante was closed. This is NOT true. I emailed Angela and she said they are open and welcome their cruise clients for day spa services. If you love the spa and are going to Roatan, you should visit Sante Wellness Retreat. It is an amazing place and the treatments are fabulous!

When did you hear from her?

This was my note from her in January '14:

The property is for sale

We're back in calif

I'm working as an NP again

Sorry.

Leon will be on island feb

Both of us in May

Happy New Year

Angela

And thanks for thinking bout us!

When did you hear from her?

Got this message on Tuesday:

From: Angela Missaggia [mailto:santewellnessretreat@gmail.com]

Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 9:28 PM

Subject: Re: Are you open?

We are most certainly open!

Why would someone post otherwise?

Can you correct them please as that post could devastate us!!

Angela