Hotels at Canaveral Port

topaz123

Looks like we'll be getting a rental car at Orlando and driving to Port Canav., sure seems like a good deal and we can sightsee at the beach too. Looking for a hotel on the beach at Port Canav, that has inexpensive option to leave the rental car whilst we cruise. We plan on returning the rental car to Orlando and then flying back. We're the frugal sort...any hotel that offers inexpensive parking for rental cars and shuttle to port/back? suggestions??

If you are being frugal why pay for the rental car to sit in a parking lot? :confused:

Every major car rental agency (Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc.) is located in PC or nearby Cocoa Beach. Why not return the car and ride the rental company shuttle to the port? :confused:

After your cruise you can ride the shuttle to pick up another car or if your flight is early just use a shuttle to get back to MCO.

I agree with the above comments. I took a cruise out of Port Canaveral a few years ago. I flew into Orlando, had a one-way rental through Budget, stayed at the Four Points by Sheraton at Cocoa Beach. As I recall, the rates were fairly reasonable, the location was pretty central, right next to the Ron Jon Surf Shop and there was a restaurant and Starbucks in the hotel. Within walking distance to the beach. The next morning, we dropped our car off at Budget which is on the road leading to Port Canaveral, and we took their shuttle over to the port.

After the cruise, we originally were not going to rent a car as we had an excursion booked through the cruise line that provided airport transportation, but then we ended up not going on the excursion due to missing luggage, and we called Budget and they had plenty of cars available, so we hopped on the Budget shuttle and drove back to the Orlando airport. Much more cost effective than renting a car for the whole time that you are on the cruise.

Hope this helps!

OK...sounds even better. So, we rent a car in ORLANDO....drive to Cocoa Beach, drop car off at Car Rental Place and they shuttle us to port.

When we return to port, do the car rental places pick us up at the port?

We plan on flying out of Orlando late on the same day we return, just a little shaky about getting back on time for the flight. So we just go to the car rental in Cocoa Beach and do another one way back to Orlando Airport?

Thanks for the help...:)

Yes you would just get a one way rental back from Port Canaveral and drop off at Orlando airport. The car rental companies have shuttles to pick you up at the port. I used Budget but all the major rental companies have locations very close to the port. I had an afternoon flight out of Orlando and got back with plenty of time to spare.

Have a nice cruise [emoji4]

Looking for 2 nights pre-cruise in January. Flying to FLL on Friday so we'll have all day Saturday before the cruise to relax and see some sights. We're looking for a hotel with easy access to shopping, water taxi and restaurants, preferabley withing easy walking distance. We've narrowed it down to Hilton Marina, Gallery One Doubletree, and Embassy Suites. Recent reviews for the Hilton Marina have not been that great so not really sure if that should even be in the mix. Any thoughts? We've never been to FLL so have no clue about the area. TIA for any assistance you can give. :confused:

Looking for 2 nights pre-cruise in January. Flying to FLL on Friday so we'll have all day Saturday before the cruise to relax and see some sights. We're looking for a hotel with easy access to shopping, water taxi and restaurants, preferabley withing easy walking distance. We've narrowed it down to Hilton Marina, Gallery One Doubletree, and Embassy Suites. Recent reviews for the Hilton Marina have not been that great so not really sure if that should even be in the mix. Any thoughts? We've never been to FLL so have no clue about the area. TIA for any assistance you can give. :confused:

The Doubletree Gallery One is right on the water taxi route and walking distance to restaurants, mall and drug store.

Sorry, this should have been a new thread Didn't mean to hijack this thread.

No worries...I am actually taking a cruise out of Port Everglades for the first time in September and appreciate the info [emoji4]

Glad I didn't offend. It's so hard to pick a hotel when you know nothing. BTW, our poor Red Sox.