Valor sail dates have disappeared

Spudder

It's not a computer Glitch. I was scheduled to cruise the Liberty October 2015. Got an email today saying they are moving the Liberty to San Juan March of 2015 and replacing the Liberty with the Valor.

I will cancel this cruise because we were looking forward to the 2.0 upgrades the Liberty had, unless the Valor has a dry dock we will cancel.

I'd lean towards the reassignment of ships. By all accounts the San Juan sailings are very popular, so I doubt that Carnival would stop sailing that itinerary. Maybe they will bring one of the updated Conquest Class ships to San Juan or maybe even the Magic or Dream.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I think we have a winner! And, since Liberty and Valor seem to be the only ones missing.... ;) Hmmm...

EDIT: my "insider" is on vacation. :(

It's not a computer Glitch. I was scheduled to cruise the Liberty October 2015. Got an email today saying they are moving the Liberty to San Juan March of 2015 and replacing the Liberty with the Valor.

I will cancel this cruise because we were looking forward to the 2.0 upgrades the Liberty had, unless the Valor has a dry dock we will cancel.

What happens to your cabin selection when they do this? I am scheduled for the Valor in December 2015. Liberty doesn't have a comparable cabin.

If you look at the liberty's intineries, they don't have anything for the march 22 sailings either, the ship does a 7 day route so their last one was march 15.

True enough. Appears to be ship movement. OP, there is good news and bad news. If true (and it appears that it is), I think the Liberty is better than the Valor. That's the good news. The bad news is you have to ge the ship to the port and your sailing is the first one so..... it will probably be cancelled.:(

What happens to your cabin selection when they do this? I am scheduled for the Valor in December 2015. Liberty doesn't have a comparable cabin.

What room type is it? I am sure they will work with you to make it as clean a swap as can be done.

The email says they will spend the new few days transferring people's bookings over. It says they will do their best to match your room assignment.

and you got that information where?

I'm a TA with! In PR..the biggest T. agency here!

we going to have Valor special sailing from San Juan to Port Canaveral

on 22 mar 2015..one way.

and Liberty from Port Canaveral 22 mar 2014...one way too..

Carnival Liberty will replacing the Valor!!

I'm a TA with! In PR..the biggest T. agency here!

we going to have Valor special sailing from San Juan to Port Canaveral

on 22 mar 2015..one way.

and Liberty from Port Canaveral 22 mar 2014...one way too..

Carnival Liberty will replacing the Valor!!

The liberty is a great ship and you will def be happy with her.

This makes me grumpy too. Luckily I have a refundable deposit if I decide to cancel. Unless it is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper. I booked with 2.0 upgrades and a highly rated Cruise Critic Top 10 ship. Hopefully a dry dock will happen.

I just called someone on the management team and was told it is a computer glitch. I was sent a screen shot showing the dates for the Valor through April 2016.

That's a somewhat sad commentary on their internal communication. :(

This makes me grumpy too. Luckily I have a refundable deposit if I decide to cancel. Unless it is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper. I booked with 2.0 upgrades and a highly rated Cruise Critic Top 10 ship. Hopefully a dry dock will happen.

We are sailing with a large family group, some of which haven't sailed Carnival before so we really wanted to have the 2.0 upgrades. Our notification email says we can contact Carnival by September 15th to make changes to our booking if we are unhappy. I'm trying to confirm if the Valor will have a dry dock before then. If so, then I'll be happy again :)

I just talked to a woman from Carnival and she just received an email saying the March 22, 2015 Valor cruise has been cancelled. She said we should be receiving an email in the next couple of days with our options.

Sharon

I just spoke to someone at Carnival too. I kept pushing her and stayed on the line and she has an e-mail that indicates that Liberty and Valor are switching, but she had little other information. She says that the new itineraries will be posted tomorrow. She also said that Carnival will attempt to rebook like category staterooms. She has no idea what will happen with mine. She confirmed that Liberty does not have 6K cabins. :(