Ok what snacks are you bringing??

Ballard67

Oh I am going to put our snacks In zip lock bags, there wont be any confusion. I don't know about fruit??, maybe dried fruit.

If you are going to take any food off the ship for excursions, it needs to be in original SEALED packaging. Not Ziplocs.

I bring small packets of almonds and take them along in our backpack when in port, just in case I need a little something. I get cranky when my blood sugar starts to drop. I rarely need them, but it's good to have them along and they don't take much room.

"We are also going to bring packs of hot chocolate because it appears Princess charges for hot chocolate and what they do offer is not that great. "

We have been on Ruby Princess and Royal Princess -- in both cases I think there was hot water and packs of hot chocolate and tea bags in the Horizon Court, in the same self-serve area as coffee.

We are bringing some snacks but they are mainly

We are also going to bring packs of hot chocolate because it appears Princess charges for hot chocolate and what they do offer is not that great.

Thanks for the idea....I'm going to Canada in October...brrrrrrrrr. Hot chocolate and Nestles International coffee on the packing list! I always bring an insulated mug for hot and cold beverages.

But I usually only pack a banana or PB & J, pepperoni/cheese crackers for the plane or bus ride. I like to be hungry when I get on the ship so I can head straight for the buffet.

And....When I sail Carnival I always carry on the one bottle of wine they allow per person.

Thanks for the idea....I'm going to Canada in October...brrrrrrrrr. Hot chocolate and Nestles International coffee on the packing list! I always bring an insulated mug for hot and cold beverages.

But I usually only pack a banana or PB & J, pepperoni/cheese crackers for the plane or bus ride. I like to be hungry when I get on the ship so I can head straight for the buffet.

And....When I sail Carnival I always carry on the one bottle of wine they allow per person.

So I was thinking of brining a Hot pot for hot water for instant coffee, i hered you can not bring one?, if so is getting hot water early in the morining pretty easy.

So I was thinking of brining a Hot pot for hot water for instant coffee, i hered you can not bring one?, if so is getting hot water early in the morining pretty easy.
Very easy.

But easiest way of all is just to order from room service so you don't even need to get dressed or go anyplace for it.

Why don't you just bring a thermos and you can get fresh coffee 24/7 at the buffet? I usually just bring an insulated mug.

I just had a thought while posting on another thread....Hot apple cider powdered packets...really good and make great hot toddies with some Capt'n Spiced Rum.

We are also going to bring packs of hot chocolate because it appears Princess charges for hot chocolate and what they do offer is not that great.

I'm bringing hot chocolate too... but that means I have to find a store near the ship (NYC) that I can pick up some whipped cream. Mybe I'll just bring marshmallow fluff from home. That will keep in my luggage just fine.

I'm making lists of all the crab shacks, caribou burger huts, and fish restaurants I want to visit while in port. Morning of cruise we typically have only coffee...like to work up an appetite prior to that first reuben at the Lido deli. :)

I used to be a mildly avid cyclist, and therefore raided my stash of cycling food for our recent trip. Basically a "Hammer Bar" and a peanut butter GU for me, and a set for my wife, on the two excursions where we'd be out during mealtime. Both are easily digested, small but packed with worthwhile nutrition/calories, and in easily crumpled wrappers so they don't bulk up trash cans when you throw out the package.