Ship questions on Zuiderdam

las313

Hi all. We will be on the Zuiderdam in Nov for 11 days. 2 questions : When can I find out which dock in Ft Lauderdale the ship will be at?

And regarding food on board. I have to follow a gluten free diet due to an allergy. Any comments on how the ship does with this? And is non dairy milk (soy or almond) available on board?

Louise

Regarding the dock, you might try:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

I don't believe they post that far out.

Last season, the most common dock that Zuiderdam used was 26. A lot depends on how many ships are in port that day. If not at 26, will be close by at 24 or 22, possibly even 22.

Non dairy milk (almond) was available last season.

With all due respect to g&gtravel, milk (almond or otherwise) has not much, if anything to do with a gluten-free diet. Glutens are found in grains such as wheat, barley, and rye, etc. I am curious about this as well, as my wife needs gluten-free foods and we will be on the Zuiderdam next March.

Notify ships services well in advance as the online instructions provide for your special diet needs and they will be able to support them as best they can. The will bring specially off-site pre-prepared foods on board, just like the airlines do for dietary restrictions. Additionally you will be able to get onboard advice from the dining staff about items that are generally available that may also be appropriate for your dietary needs.

With all due respect to g&gtravel, milk (almond or otherwise) has not much, if anything to do with a gluten-free diet. Glutens are found in grains such as wheat, barley, and rye, etc. I am curious about this as well, as my wife needs gluten-free foods and we will be on the Zuiderdam next March.

I also have a milk allergy.

Louise

Besides letting Special Needs know in advance - go to the Maitre d' stand the afternoon you board and make him/her aware of your issues. They will give you the best advise about what happens on their ship for gluten free and dairy allergy issues.

With all due respect to you, the question ask was did they have non dairy milk, such as soy/almond. My response had nothing to do with gluten free diet.

We were on the Zuiderdam last month. My wife has need of a gluten-free diet. We ate at Canaletto twice and both times the chef prepared special items for her allergy. The Lido Pasta Bar as well will do gluten-free pasta plus a gluten-free made-to-order pizza that is pretty decent. Most of the time she just avoided bread, breaded items, items made with flour, etc.

We were recently on the Veendam, and they have dairy free milk (soy and almond). It does not come in a small cartoon, but rather the server will pour you a glass. I too have a milk allergy and sure wish HAL would offer lactose free yogourt. I manage quite well on cruises.