Oceania Free Air

Lorna Doone

That it the point, it is not free but included in the price you pay, or can get the cruise price reduced.

When I suggest to someone that they look at O for a possible cruise I always, somewhat embarrassed, tell them to overlook that bit of their pitch. I want to bring it up before they start wondering.

I'll add I that I very much DO like their included air and is one of the reasons we often consider O but dislike this marketing. Cheapens them IMHO

Their 2 for 1 pricing is aso misleading.

Their 2 for 1 pricing is aso misleading.

Agreed. The other upscale lines do similar advertising, and then say, book by such-and-such a date for best prices. I've never seen anything go up after those dates (fine print says fares MIGHT be raised), but my sample isn't very big. After the first few didn't change, I stopped watching.

And a dummy booking is one easy way to find out. The other is to call reservations.

It's not a "refund", it's a credit on your invoice.

Andee points out something very interesting. No penalty for canceling the air after it's ticketed, Andee?

Definitely a penalty for canceling after ticketing..

Jancruz1

Laraine says,

>I was able to get flights from Phoenix to Vancouver/Seattle to Phoenix for less than the air credit -- amazing.

Actually, it is not uncommon.

For our Dec cruise to the Amazon, we could fly for about $100 pp less than the cruise credit.

For our upcoming AK cruise (on another line) we could buy tickets for 2 for $200 less than the cruise line credited us.

Ira

Laraine says,

>I was able to get flights from Phoenix to Vancouver/Seattle to Phoenix for less than the air credit -- amazing.

Actually, it is not uncommon.

For our Dec cruise to the Amazon, we could fly for about $100 pp less than the cruise credit.

For our upcoming AK cruise (on another line) we could buy tickets for 2 for $200 less than the cruise line credited us.

Ira

Well, obviously, it depends.

Everyone needs to run the numbers.

Here in Memphis, the price for regular economy to Rome, and back home from Nice next year is $2000.00

The O air credit would not come close.

Someone in a big northeastern city, Boston or New York will pay far less.

Not everyone lives where it is easy or cheap.

Edited by kimanjo

We just had to pay for parking at the port. :D But at the port of Miami, that is almost as much as what your air was.

There is nearby offsite parking at the port, with shuttles, for about $8/day. Or, park near the airport at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for approx $4/day with every 7th day free, and take a taxi to the port for $24.

There is nearby offsite parking at the port, with shuttles, for about $8/day. Or, park near the airport at the Crowne Plaza Hotel for approx $4/day with every 7th day free, and take a taxi to the port for $24.

Thanks for the info on the Crowne Plaza. I am familiar with an offsite that gets a lot of bad reviews. I think it is Premiere. I use a couple of offsite lots whe flying from MIA; but they don't go to the port.