Question about dining Italian Style

shoesonfire

Hi: We're staying 1 night pre-cruise at Gallery One in late October and looking to have a nice Italian dinner. Read about the homemade pasta at Franco & Vinny's. Is this restaurant a good choice and are there reasonable and authentic Italian restaurants in the area we may have overlooked?

Would appreciate suggestions -- thanks!

Hi: We're staying 1 night pre-cruise at Gallery One in late October and looking to have a nice Italian dinner. Read about the homemade pasta at Franco & Vinny's. Is this restaurant a good choice and are there reasonable and authentic Italian restaurants in the area we may have overlooked?

We love Casa D'Angelo's food and service (but the noise level can get kind of high at peak dining times). It was recommended by Italian friends who knew that we had lived in Italy for 5 years and appreciate great Italian food. It is less than 2 miles away (4 minutes on mapquest) from Gallery One. Buon Appetito!

Casa D'Angelo

1201 N. Federal Hwy, #5B

Ft Lauderdale, FL 33304

info@casa-d-angelo.com

I am Italian and I am very picky when it comes to authentic Italian food. While I cannot comment about Franco & Vinny's, I do have other favorites in the area, located within 5-10 minutes from Gallery One.

My absolute favorite is Serafina. It is about five minutes from your hotel located along the Middle River (outdoor waterside seating - very romantic):

http://serabythewater.com/

My other recommendations are:

Cafe Vico (casual, reasonably priced)

Casa D'Angelo (upscale, pricey, but very good)

Kitchenetta (huge plates - excellent for family style)

D'Angelos (sister restaurant to Casa D'Angelo - wine bar and tapas)

Mmm now I am hungry!

We ate there in April while staying at Doubletree before a cruise. Food & service were good. It is walkable but some in my group took the little shuttle for $3/pp including me as I cannot walk far.

Just love being able to get good referrals on these CC boards. We won't be in FLL until the Fall and in the meantime it's fun researching and planning for our vacation. All your suggestions are greatly appreciated. :)

Edited by shoesonfire

If you have a car, Sette Bello is excellent. It's about 5 miles north of Doubletree on N. Federal Hwy. The owner/chef is Sicilian and was previously the chef at Casa d'Angelo. My favorites there are the veal piccata and burrata (usually on special). Wherever you choose to dine, be sure to make reservations, even off-season.

Edited by royalcruz

If you have a car, Sette Bello is excellent. It's about 5 miles north of Doubletree on N. Federal Hwy. The owner/chef is Sicilian and was previously the chef at Casa d'Angelo. My favorites there are the veal piccata and burrata (usually on special). Wherever you choose to dine, be sure to make reservations, even off-season.

I know the OP is travelling in October, but if anyone reading this thread is looking for an Italian restaurant in FLL in the next 6 weeks, Groupon has a coupon for Sette Bello right now good until the end of July. If I was in Fort Lauderdale this summer I would definitely take advantage of it - the food is excellent; in fact this was the other restaurant recommended by our Italian friends. As Royalcruz noted it isn't as convenient as Casa D'Angelo to Gallery One.

Choose Between Two Options

• $35 for $60 worth of Italian cuisine
  • $75 for $120 worth of Italian cuisine for four or more

The menu includes fettuccine with housemade bolognese sauce , veal scaloppine sautéed with san marzano tomatoes, garlic, and oregano, and jumbo shrimp scampi sautéed with fresh garlic and tossed with a lemon wine sauce.

Edited by capriccio