Transfer a Booking from Cruise line to TA

Sparetiming

Can I please ask if you book your cruise on the cruise line website and receive OBC and then transfer your booking to a TA won't you lose the OBC from the cruise line? Do you cancel your reservation? Do you lose your deposit? Maybe I don't understand this process. Can someone please explain in detail. We are getting ready to book a big family cruise and these perks will help a lot to those of less means to splurge. We have not decided yet if we are sailing on Royal Caribbean or Princess. Is there any difference in their policies. The reason why I am considering booking with the cruise line directly is because we presently do not have a TA, she retired. So I want to book now with the cruise line to reserve our cabins and then if I find a TA with a better deal then transfer. Is that how it works?

To transfer a booking to a TA , you lose nothing .

Booking # remains the same . Nothing cancels.

You do have a time limit that varies by cruise line.

Your TA should offer you something better than what you booked (OBC, Discount, Upgrade , etc.).

You have 60 days to transfer your booking to a TA if using RCI.....also just make sure when you make the booking onboard you in fact own that booking...don't let a mistake made and have that booking automatically assigned to the TA that may have made the booking your on...it happens often and then it can be a hassle to get a release.

The only better deal a TA will offer over the booking you make on board will be in the form of additional OBC or some other perk out of their commissions. But the base stateroom rate will remain unchanged. Most mass market cruise lines - RCI for certain - do not discount their fares through a TA.

The only better deal a TA will offer over the booking you make on board will be in the form of additional OBC or some other perk out of their commissions. But the base stateroom rate will remain unchanged. Most mass market cruise lines - RCI for certain - do not discount their fares through a TA.

This is correct and as far as I know, all cruise lines now do not discount through TA's. When I have done this, my TA has usually given another $50 OBC and will pull me into a group rate, if they have a group on the particular cruise that is my choice to cruise on. I also like the fact that my TA is ALWAYS available and also looking for price drops for me after booking and until final payment. Any questions or concerns have always been immediately addressed by my TA and the help I immediately received last December, when my cruising partner died only 21 days before a scheduled cruise, was invaluable.

This is correct and as far as I know, all cruise lines now do not discount through TA's. When I have done this, my TA has usually given another $50 OBC and will pull me into a group rate, if they have a group on the particular cruise that is my choice to cruise on. I also like the fact that my TA is ALWAYS available and also looking for price drops for me after booking and until final payment. Any questions or concerns have always been immediately addressed by my TA and the help I immediately received last December, when my cruising partner died only 21 days before a scheduled cruise, was invaluable.

Princess , Cunard and HAL permit TA's to discount their best rates .

A TA may also have a lower rate for a Speculative Group on your sailing which may also get you other amenity or two .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just did this last march. Booked with RCL for a cruise in Oct. 2018 on Symphony of the Seas. Picked up a good deal and OBC the day before the bookings opened to the TA'S. About 45 days later we called the online TA that we use to transfer the booking. We kept the great rate from RCL and the OBC. The TA gave us a matching OBC and specialty dining for one night. Because it was a transatlantic they gave us $180.00 of addional OBC instead of the usual pre-paid gratuities. Happy cruising

If a TA can give you more perks than what you initially got directly from the cruise line, the OBC's from your initial booking with the cruise line will be carried over to your booking transferred to the TA, and included with your new perks from the TA.

Sent from my iPad using Forums