Nearly a Diamond? Well, we are 25% of the way there...

Just stumbled across this about The Diamond Lounge (I thought had complimentary Beer and Spirits?)

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will take place at approximately 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and soft drinks and a 'happy hour' discount of 25 % off beer and drinks containing spirits. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.au/cas/benefits.do#Gold

Just stumbled across this about The Diamond Lounge (I thought had complimentary Beer and Spirits?)

6 The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event for Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club members will take place at approximately 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. in a dedicated lounge and will feature complimentary wine, champagne (sparkling wine) and soft drinks and a 'happy hour' discount of 25 % off beer and drinks containing spirits. Drinks will need to be consumed within the venue during the hours of the event and cannot be removed from the venue.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com.au/cas/benefits.do#Gold

That is old information that applies only to ships that do not have a diamond lounge (think Majesty, and even they may not follow this) but have a Diamond Event.

In the Diamond lounge there is complementary wine, beer and spirits available from appx. 5:00 - 8:30 and they don't seem to care any longer about taking drinks out of the lounge.

That is old information that applies only to ships that do not have a diamond lounge (think Majesty, and even they may not follow this) but have a Diamond Event.

In the Diamond lounge there is complementary wine, beer and spirits available from appx. 5:00 - 8:30 and they don't seem to care any longer about taking drinks out of the lounge.

You are correct about Majesty, they have an event in Viking Crown that offers the same snacks and drinks that other ships have in the DL/CL. I don't think the old Diamond Event limited to beer and wine exists anymore.

You are correct about Majesty, they have an event in Viking Crown that offers the same snacks and drinks that other ships have in the DL/CL. I don't think the old Diamond Event limited to beer and wine exists anymore.

Thanks for the update.

The last time we were on Monarch (Dec 2012) they were still doing the Diamond event do I wasn't sure. Back then we were only platinum but they let all B2B cruisers into the event on their second leg. JD being the fine host that he is.:)

Phew! The concierge(s) were quite insistent that we re-charged our glasses before heading to dinner from the Diamond Lounge last week.

Sound like I've stumbled across some outdated stuff on the RCCL website...

Not uncommon. Some people even find a page that talks about an "honor bar" in the concierge lounge.

Not uncommon. Some people even find a page that talks about an "honor bar" in the concierge lounge.

Yep, and the UK C&A home page proudly announces that coupons have gone paperless, and Anthem and Allure are now open for booking summer 2015!!! Apparently there's also going to be some new era of dining on Anthem and Quantum called Dynamic Dining.

Yep, and the UK C&A home page proudly announces that coupons have gone paperless, and Anthem and Allure are now open for booking summer 2015!!! Apparently there's also going to be some new era of dining on Anthem and Quantum called Dynamic Dining.

I believe they are still marking bookings with "Dynamic Classic" and "Dynamic Choice". Very confusing to folks who are not familiar with the history.

Confused. Your thread title says "Nearly a Diamond? Well we are 25% of the way there..." What does that mean in relation to your questions? Are you Diamond now? You indicated on a later post that the you were in the Diamond Lounge last week which would have answered your questions and contradicts your title. Sorry if I am missing something. :confused:

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Confused. Your thread title says "Nearly a Diamond? Well we are 25% of the way there..." What does that mean in relation to your questions? Are you Diamond now? You indicated on a later post that the you were in the Diamond Lounge last week which would have answered your questions and contradicts your title. Sorry if I am missing something. :confused:

Thank you for seeking clarification on the title of my original post. My intention in using the title was to engage the reader rather than to provide an overarching summary of the major concepts which make up the actual post itself.

I am 25% of my way in to being a Diamond, if the information on the website I quoted is correct: 20 points out of 80.

Purely by coincidence I find that the website about their loyalty program only offers 25% discount on beers and spirits in the Diamond lounge. I think this has been proven here to be old information by other posters. I was worried before the helpful clarification from the other contributors here that maybe there were plans afoot to reduce the quality of the Diamond experience that I enjoyed last week (we were in a suite and were asked to use the Diamond Lounge).

So, I am 25% to Diamond and the benefits described in that website really only (given in a G&T drinker) offers 25% of the experience I had last week.

I could have chosen different words.

I was worried before the helpful clarification from the other contributors here that maybe there were plans afoot to reduce the quality of the Diamond experience that I enjoyed last week (we were in a suite and were asked to use the Diamond Lounge).

Just curious why you were asked to use the Diamond Lounge, as that is dedicated to Diamond and above, when you had access to the Suite or Concierge Lounge (ship dependent) as a suite guest?

Just curious why you were asked to use the Diamond Lounge, as that is dedicated to Diamond and above, when you had access to the Suite or Concierge Lounge (ship dependent) as a suite guest?

You would need to ask those who manage the Lounges to find out what motivated, the 'whys' to this question.

Both concierges asked me (and others) to enjoy drinks before dinner in The Diamond Lounge. This with Diamond status who were there were most friendly and chatted with us at length about their cruise history and their journey within the loyalty scheme.

No one, I mean no one questioned why we were there. It's interesting that you do...,

You would need to ask those who manage the Lounges to find out what motivated, the 'whys' to this question.

No one, I mean no one questioned why we were there. It's interesting that you do...,

I question it because it is very unusual as both Lounges are dedicated in their membership access and Diamond and above only are typically permitted access to the Diamond Lounge. The SeaPass cards are coded to permit the correct access.

Suite guests would need to also be of Diamond status to gain access. Just as Diamonds are not permitted access to the Suite Lounge. (Pinnacles are and Diamond Plus and Pinnacles are permitted in the Concierge Lounge on ships that have them). The Diamond Lounge is also usually rather crowded often requiring expansion to other areas to accommodate their guests. It is unusual to invite others as a result.

Again, it is not a common occurrence, which is why I ask.

I question it because it is very unusual as both Lounges are dedicated in their membership access and Diamond and above only are typically permitted access to the Diamond Lounge. The SeaPass cards are coded to permit the correct access.

Suite guests would need to also be of Diamond status to gain access. Just as Diamonds are not permitted access to the Suite Lounge. (Pinnacles are and Diamond Plus and Pinnacles are permitted in the Concierge Lounge on ships that have them). The Diamond Lounge is also usually rather crowded often requiring expansion to other areas to accommodate their guests. It is unusual to invite others as a result.

Again, it is not a common occurrence, which is why I ask.

Just for clarity...

Q: "I question it because it is very unusual as both Lounges are dedicated in their membership access and Diamond and above only are typically permitted access to the Diamond Lounge."

A: Clearly this was not the case on our cruise. You may wish to note that this cruise was from Sydney. Both the Concierge Lounge and the Diamond Lounge Concierges, The Captain and Officers were happy to permit Suite Guests entry. It was a topic discussed openly when we were there by all. A mix of Diamond and Suite guests.

Q: "The SeaPass cards are coded to permit the correct access."

A: Those who were not in a Suite but had Diamond Status had electronic access to the Concierge Lounge. They were made to feel very welcome there. Also, those in Suite who did not have Diamond status had electronic access to the Diamond Lounge.

Q: "Suite guests would need to also be of Diamond status to gain access. Just as Diamonds are not permitted access to the Suite Lounge. (Pinnacles are and Diamond Plus and Pinnacles are permitted in the Concierge Lounge on ships that have them)."

A: Again this was not our experience. Again, this was from Sydney and there were only a few Diamond and above from what I could gather.

Q: "The Diamond Lounge is also usually rather crowded often requiring expansion to other areas to accommodate their guests. It is unusual to invite others as a result."

A: No crowds. Again, this maybe due to the cruise coming from Sydney. Both Suite, Diamond and 'non-suite-Diamonds' regularly bounced between the two lounges. A very friendly bunch they were!

I think they were trying to market the whole Loyalty program to the Suite Guests. Some of us were seasoned cruisers. My Dad, who was in our suite has +60 cruises with Cunard and P&O under his belt. The Diamond members who were there did a really good job on those in the Suites. Very friendly, and as I said no 'awkward questions"...Just friendly chat.

Well perhaps it was unique to your cruise or itinerary as that is not a common occurrence in my experience. In fact that is the first time I've heard of that happening as you describe it.

Again, the only reason I asked is because it is unusual.

I am with you, completely confused by the question and the explaination. We sailed in Suite on Jewel twice and were told to use CL. We were Diamond but our traveling companions were 1st time cruisers, also in a suite.

No big deal, just hate to be confused.

Well perhaps it was unique to your cruise or itinerary as that is not a common occurrence in my experience.

In relation to the overcrowding of CL & DL..

I was on Ovation out of Sydney for the NYE cruise in a grand suite (I'm Platinum)

The concierge lounge was awesome, floor to ceiling windows looking at our wake, simply sensational. :)

Never did I not have a choice of many seats, had a look into Diamond Lounge several times, loads of empty seats, always.

There are so many more people & therefore many more D+ & Pinnacles in USA

Australia 26 million - USA 300+ Million?

I believe there were 120 D+ with I think only 1 Pinnacle on this cruise of 4100 people

Would love to cruise the Caribbean sometime but with all of the overcrowding CL & DL makes me think twice!

Craig

Edited by NumnuT

Would love to cruise the Caribbean sometime but with all of the overcrowding CL & DL makes me think twice!

My thoughts exactly.

The amount of incredulity that any information that contradicts others experiences is met with here suggests to me they would be tiresome company too....

We never met anyone totally aghast at people jumping between Lounges...maybe Australians are just more laid back about stuff like this.

My thoughts exactly.

The amount of incredulity that any information that contradicts others experiences is met with here suggests to me they would be tiresome company too....

We never met anyone totally aghast at people jumping between Lounges...maybe Australians are just more laid back about stuff like this.

Really? I hope you are not including me in your statement! I am not concerned in the least regarding the experience you had - simply surprised that it occurred as that is not anything I have seen before and is contrary to the typical - and stated - protocol observed in my experience on numerous ships over a number of years as a Diamond member. Nothing more, nothing less.

When someone describes a situation that they have experienced that is contrary to the norm, it is only natural to inquire about it. Please don't interpret more into it than that.

Q: Really?

A: Yes

Q: I hope you are not including me in your statement!

A: Of course I am. This is tedious. Why are you returning to a post which you freely admit has confused you. You failed to grasp the basic premise of my original post. I was asking if the Website Data which I quoted and provided a link to was new stuff which may indicate there were changes afoot which might discourage me from pursuing the Loyalty Ladder. Others did grasp this

(Thanks Bob).

Q: I am not concerned in the least regarding the experience you had

A: Why have you asked repeatedly about why I was in the Diamond Lounge blah blah...

Q: When someone describes a situation that they have experienced that is contrary to the norm, it is only natural to inquire about it.

A: You have implied repeatedly that i have broken some rule/norm or whatever. So I do not regard this a simple enquiry.

Q: Please don't interpret more into it than that.

A: Perhaps you should consider this before you post in future...

When someone describes a situation that they have experienced that is contrary to the norm, it is only natural to inquire about it. Please don't interpret more into it than that.

Regarding the norm, we travel in Suites. Before Diamond, our Suite SeaPass opened the Diamond Lounge electronic lock. We liked to peak in and see the difference between DL and the CL/SL.

We much prefer the CL over DL.

Edited by troykahack