Snorkel Park Beach

Squirty27

When paying admission and rental fees, so they accept credit cards or cash only?

Thank you

Funny, I went on here to inquire more on Snorkel Park Beach. How much is admission and how does one get there from port? I am also sailing on Breakaway but on the 30th of Aug. TIA!!

I can't answer the paying part - but the beach is like a 5 minute walk from the ship.

http://www.snorkelparkbeach.com

The have what looks to be a really fun miniature golf course there, too.

:-)

I would not go to Snorkel Beach if it were free. I did go once to check it out when there was no admission charge. Left after five minutes. Ick.

I would not go to Snorkel Beach if it were free. I did go once to check it out when there was no admission charge. Left after five minutes. Ick.

What was your experience like there? Did you go to alternate beach? It sorta of reminded me of the beach when you dock at Turks - everything is there. Was it very crowded?

What was your experience like there? Did you go to alternate beach? It sorta of reminded me of the beach when you dock at Turks - everything is there. Was it very crowded?

It is not anything like the beach when you dock at Grand Turk. I have been to Grand Turk four times! The beach at Grand Turk is ten times better than Snorkel Park. And it is free. Chairs are provided too. Snorkel Park is not right at the dock. It is much smaller than the beach at the dock at Grand Turk. It is about a 8 minute walk on the other side of the Dockyard. Snorkel Park is a private beach that charges admission. Chairs are an extra charge. It is a man made beach which in itself is not necessary bad but Snorkel Park is not that nice a beach. It has a dingy feel to it.

There are many beautiful world class beaches in Bermuda. The most famous is Horseshoe Bay on the South Shore. That is where I usually end up but I have been to many other beaches in Bermuda and every one has been many times better than Snorkel Park. Elbow Beach, Warwick, Johns Smith on the South Shore. In St. George there is Tobacco Bay. I would not waste a minute of a Bermuda cruise going to the beach at Snorkel Park.

Edited by Charles4515

Ditto! The locals find humor in the fact that tourists actually pay to get into what used to be a landfill.

Save the admission price and use it towards getting a taxi to Horseshoe Bay. Truly a beautiful pink sand beach! It took my breath away the first time I saw it.

Funny, I went on here to inquire more on Snorkel Park Beach. How much is admission and how does one get there from port? I am also sailing on Breakaway but on the 30th of Aug. TIA!!

Hi! My wife and I will be on that cruise, too. We have been to Snorkel Park--short walk and ok snorkeling, but no where near as scenic as other beaches--although much less crowded than Horseshoe. We plan to go to Church Bay--small, gorgeous and the best snorkeling beach if water is calm-- the last day of the cruise if you are interested.

Snorkel Park is best if you have too little time to get to one of the more distant beaches, such as after a morning excursion. We may stop by the first day before our afternoon motorboat rental.

It's not that bad. No, it is not anywhere near like Horseshoe beach but on the other hand it is within walking distance of the cruise pier. Get there early and stake out a good spot.

The one thing we found Ludicrous was the ship had an excursion to the beach for $30 pp. Admission is only $5.

HERE'S an entire folder of pictures that we took the day we were there. It will show you around a bit and what it looks like.

Now, we went one evening after visiting Horseshoe Bay and just wanted to check out the place (it was free that night) and I wanted to take pics (so there's a bunch of the family and the sunset...which I thought was an EXCELLENT place to get sunset pictures from) and they were playing music and had a few fires going to roast marshmallows and stuff. Pretty cool for just a way to end our wonderful day at Horseshoe. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone who tells you Snorkel Park is a nice beach, you should ask them what other beaches they've been to so you understand their point of reference.

If your intent is to spend time at a beach to swim and sunbathe, it's an awful beach. It was ridiculously crowded when we were there recently, looks and feels dirty and should you be there at low tide, you need to walk a hundred yards or more while navigating coral to get to water deep enough to swim. It's a long narrow cove, there isn't much water exchange so it's like you are sharing a bath tub with a few hundred strangers. Yuck.

We were there on a Sunday when admission was free, but you still need to pay for loungers ($15) and umbrellas ($10).

You can bring in 1 bottle of water per person. They search your bags and take away anything more.

There is a bar/restaurant there but we didn't go to it so I have no comments on the food and beverage.

Anyone who tells you Snorkel Park is a nice beach, you should ask them what other beaches they've been to so you understand their point of reference.

If your intent is to spend time at a beach to swim and sunbathe, it's an awful beach. It was ridiculously crowded when we were there recently, looks and feels dirty and should you be there at low tide, you need to walk a hundred yards or more while navigating coral to get to water deep enough to swim. It's a long narrow cove, there isn't much water exchange so it's like you are sharing a bath tub with a few hundred strangers. Yuck.

We were there on a Sunday when admission was free, but you still need to pay for loungers ($15) and umbrellas ($10).

You can bring in 1 bottle of water per person. They search your bags and take away anything more.

There is a bar/restaurant there but we didn't go to it so I have no comments on the food and beverage.

Snorkel park is good for snorkeling. It's also good for families with small children. I was there last week on our last day in Bermuda. The previous days were spent at Elbow Beach and Horseshoe Bay. I do have a point of reference.

I wanted to do snorkeling from shore and not be far from the ship since this was my last day and I also wanted to do some shopping at the Clock Tower shops. We arrived at Snorkel Park around 10:00 am. Our ship left at 4:30 but the Breakaway leaves at2:30 so there were already lots of people. But we were able to secure an umbrella and a regular chair. Chair was good enough for a couple of hours. If you can tread water go out where it is over your head with a mask and snorkel. You will see lots of fish and coral. The fish will eat cereal right out of your hand practically. I brought the mask and snorkel from home but swimming goggles are good enough. There is also a section with a big inflatable slide for little kids. Kayaks are also available for rental as well as mats. Since I drove to pier I brought along a noodle for this trip. $1.00 at Dollar Tree. Ps nobody searched our bag.