Pillory beach G. Turk

kurgan

Last week we spent time on beautiful Pillory beach. All was simple and easy- we took taxi ( Sunshine taxi driver Robert) to beach, had short tour through town sight-seen and had beach time after. For whole beach were there , probably, 20-30 people. Pillory beach was just fantastic. Later Robert drove us back to cruise port.

Highly recommending.

• 1 month later...

Hi:) Can anyone that's been to Pillory recently tell me about quality/pricing of food and drinks there? And loungers and umbrellas?

Also, is it a pretty enough beach to pay the extra money on cab fare to get there...as opposed to staying in the port area? My tentative plan is for the 3 of us to head to Pillory for a couple hours and then back to Margaritaville for a couple of hours before returning to the ship...I like the idea of some time at a quieter beach than the port area...just wondering if it's a pretty enough beach to be worth the cab/chair/umbrella $$?

Thanks for any insight! [emoji4]

Hi:) Can anyone that's been to Pillory recently tell me about quality/pricing of food and drinks there? And loungers and umbrellas?

Also, is it a pretty enough beach to pay the extra money on cab fare to get there...as opposed to staying in the port area? My tentative plan is for the 3 of us to head to Pillory for a couple hours and then back to Margaritaville for a couple of hours before returning to the ship...I like the idea of some time at a quieter beach than the port area...just wondering if it's a pretty enough beach to be worth the cab/chair/umbrella $$?

Thanks for any insight! [emoji4]

IMO, yes! Bohio Resort is there! You can google Bohio Resort and see pictures and get reviews on TA. IRRC, prices are similar to places around the port. Food is good (they're cooking for resort guests) and drinks are good (per DW, as I had the local Turks head beer-try the Amber Ale over the lager, but they do brew a light lager and occasionally a stout).

IMO, yes! Bohio Resort is there! You can google Bohio Resort and see pictures and get reviews on TA. IRRC, prices are similar to places around the port. Food is good (they're cooking for resort guests) and drinks are good (per DW, as I had the local Turks head beer-try the Amber Ale over the lager, but they do brew a light lager and occasionally a stout).

That sounds good! Who knows...we may end up staying the whole day there. [emoji41]

• 2 months later...

We are going to GT at the end of the month with Carnival, and we really want to visit Pillory Beach...is there any cost to be on the beach? And are there any umbrellas and chairs to rent there? TIA!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I will be on CCL Breeze end of January.

I decided we will go to Pillory Beach for our day in Grand Turk.

Do I need to reserve chairs/umbrella beforehand (as I did for St. Kitts)?

Approximately how much is the rental for chair/umbrella.

Is it correct, I can do the following on Pillory Beach:

Rent Chair (Lounger)

Rent Umbrella

Purchase Food/Drink

Bathrooms

Approximately how far is Pillory Beach from the CCL Pier?

Thank you all very much!

Edited by js

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I just returned from a 7 day cruise and thanks to recommendations from this board, we visited Pillory Beach. The beach was one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. The taxi was $8 per person each way from the port. It was about a 5 minute ride to the beach. I highly recommend checking out this beach.

Hi,

I just returned from a 7 day cruise and thanks to recommendations from this board, we visited Pillory Beach. The beach was one of the most beautiful ones I've ever seen. The taxi was $8 per person each way from the port. It was about a 5 minute ride to the beach. I highly recommend checking out this beach.

Thank you very much for reporting back. I so greatly appreciate it.

Did you have to do anything prior to arrival or just show up?

I want loungers, umbrella, food/drink and bathroom without too much

of loud, large crowds. Would Pillory Beach be what I am looking for the end of January?

Thank you so much!

Beach at Bohio is public, there are no private beaches on GT. I would contact Bohio directly at info@bohioresort.com with price or availability inquiries as they don't post any of the non-guest information on their website.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Thank you for this information.

I just contact them and they are closed until October.

Is it correct that if I want the loungers and umbrellas that I need to do that through Bohio Resort? I appreciate all your help.

We are three women, my mom-70, my dd-22 and myself-48. I do not know anything about Grand Turk. I am guessing it is safe for us to take cab and stay at the resort all day.

We usually travel with my dh so just making sure.

Thank you all.

Thank you for this information.

I just contact them and they are closed until October.

Is it correct that if I want the loungers and umbrellas that I need to do that through Bohio Resort? I appreciate all your help.

We are three women, my mom-70, my dd-22 and myself-48. I do not know anything about Grand Turk. I am guessing it is safe for us to take cab and stay at the resort all day.

We usually travel with my dh so just making sure.

Thank you all.

Yup, Bohio would be your only options at pillory beach. GT is very safe, its a tiny island, about 2 miles long and mile wide.

Hi. I received an e-mail yesterday from Bohio letting me know that only resort guests can rent umbrellas, which, for me is disappointing. They said they have some trees for shade but we like to be on the sand by the water and I don't think this will be an option for me any longer. Its disappointing that I cannot pay to rent an umbrella. We would have spent the day (and money) there in February.

Can anyone recommend a place like Bohio where I can rent loungers and umbrellas, food/drink and bathrooms but not so crowded like by the Carnival pier or Margarittaville?

I would like a more relaxing beach day, I do not mind paying for the convenience.

Thank you.

Hi. I received an e-mail yesterday from Bohio letting me know that only resort guests can rent umbrellas, which, for me is disappointing. They said they have some trees for shade but we like to be on the sand by the water and I don't think this will be an option for me any longer. Its disappointing that I cannot pay to rent an umbrella. We would have spent the day (and money) there in February.

Can anyone recommend a place like Bohio where I can rent loungers and umbrellas, food/drink and bathrooms but not so crowded like by the Carnival pier or Margarittaville?

I would like a more relaxing beach day, I do not mind paying for the convenience.

Thank you.

Bohio is the only "resort" on the island. I know some folks who rented an umbrella last time...weird.

The only other places that rent chairs/umbrellas are right next to the margariraville/free beach lounger area. Barefoot cabana, jacks shack, etc.

Again it's a TINY island. a tiny desert island, with no private beaches, every single beach is public.

• 3 weeks later...
Bohio is the only "resort" on the island. I know some folks who rented an umbrella last time...weird.

The only other places that rent chairs/umbrellas are right next to the margariraville/free beach lounger area. Barefoot cabana, jacks shack, etc.

Again it's a TINY island. a tiny desert island, with no private beaches, every single beach is public.

Thank you very much.

Yes, they specifically told me in an e-mail that umbrellas only get rented to resort guests.

I'll try one more time before we go and maybe just show up and they will take pity on us LOL

Thank you very much.

Yes, they specifically told me in an e-mail that umbrellas only get rented to resort guests.

I'll try one more time before we go and maybe just show up and they will take pity on us LOL

Weird!

Thank you very much.

As I recall, at the rental shack, there's a sign that says resort guests have first selection. If there are umbrellas or loungers or other things available after guests have reserved their items, the resort will rent them to day visitors. But you have to actually show up and wait and see and be prepared to either use a ship's towel or go back to the cruise center.