Dawn - 2 for 1 drink special and bucket of beer

jp2001

Buckets of beer, drink of the day and pitchers of beer are the only drink specials I've seen in recent years on NCL. Many years ago (7-8), I remember a few buy on get one happy hour specials from 4/6pm at one of the smaller bars. Disney usually has 2 for 1 in Castaway Cay from 2 or 3-5pm.

Are there 2 for 1 drink special on the Dawn and can we get this special on buckets of beer? I don t drink beer but my father does (budweiser).

Cruise lines make way too much money on alcohol anymore. Beer buckets are are the best deal you are gonna find. Basically buy 5 beers get 1 free. Don't forget about the automatic gratuities added! Don't double tip unless they deserve it!

I think with the introduction of the UBP, most of the specials have been disco'd, however, the drink of the day is still available and usually fun to try. I believe it's around $5.95ea.

Cheers

ps to add info: if you choose the "special" glass, it could be more expensive.

Edited by All-ready2cruise
ps to add info

I think the specials were long gone before UBP

Nope, best thing we had on 2012 repo cruise were the pre-dinner 2-for-1 martinis at Star Bar (on Star). In 2013 after the UBP was launched all those went away.

We were on an 11 day Sun cruise in November 2012 and they had 2-1 on everything (beer included) in the Sports Bar every night 4-6pm. I guess that promotion didn't last long, too bad it was great! By the way, that was one of the first cruises to offer the drink package, it was not advertised anywhere until you got on the ship. Took alot of people by surprise.