Marriott vs Carambola

sunkey1

Yep, I had seen that but was really looking for someone who had been to both places. We've been to the Marriott multiple times but wanted to see if there were any major differences between them and Carambola.

Would love to hear any feedback you have on the Marriott? We are leaning towards that instead of Carambola! :)

We've been there a number of times and loved it each and every time. Beautiful property, beach, great pool (pretty new upgrade), etc. Nice bar, great covered mini-pavillions on the beach so that you have some shade. We've always been satisfied here, just wondered if Carambola was anything like it.

I'm still scouting things out my self for a cruise 18 months away. But from the more recent reviews I've seen on Carambola, it appears that many tours stop there for their beach stop. Service appears to be slow at times, especially food service, but that could be due to large groups. There are negative comments on the prices and comparisons to Margaritavilles, which would be okay with a lot of folks. Beach itself is suppose to be one of the cleanest and safest (lack of vendors hawking wares) around.

At any rate, I'd be interested in hearing more from recent cruisers' experiences.

We were at Carambola in April, been there many times and have not been to Marriott to compare as we're happy at Carambola. Beach is always clean, no rocks like other beaches in St. Kitts. Water is pretty calm and never see any vendors but did see a shady character in April just staring at a few of us. I had words with him so he left us alone. There was 4 of us and we all had beach service at different times with drinks and food. Service was very good, not slow at all, but we were the only ship in port that day. Have had beach service many other times that we've been there and no complaints with service being slow. I did find having lunch inside the restaurant at other times that service was a little slow.

There was a covered bar area with chairs on the beach in April.

I feel their drinks and food prices were reasonable. Pina Colada's were $6 or $8 each, sandwiches $10-$12 range and their grouper sandwich was fresh and delicious. I always make reservations for loungers and umbrellas which is waiting for us and we get there as soon as we're able to leave the ship. Reservations are highly recommended, even with 1 ship in port, loungers and umbrellas go real fast.

• 1 month later...