Four week back to back cruise & flights

wardywall

Hi All,

We're booked on Thomson Discovery from 05/02/17 - 05/03/17.

When booking over the phone with Thomson we were told we had to pay for the four flights even though we were only using the 05/02/17 & 05/03/17.

When I said this was unfair as they would no doubt sell the seats we were not using, I was told it's because you have to buy the package!

Has anyone else experienced the same when going on a four week back to back cruise?

Can anyone suggest if there is anyway of getting a refund for the two flights we won't be using as we will be on the cruise?

It seems we are being penalised for taking a four week cruise and is extremely unfair to be made to pay for flights that will not be used

I have emailed Thomson regarding this and another matter about them allowing you to purchase additional 5kg each passenger, but then saying your baggage can only weigh 23 kg? Ridiculous.

There response was to spread the weight, but didn't explain where as we have both paid for the extra weight? They chose to ignore my complaint about having to pay for four flights!

Thanks in advance for any replies

Hi All,

When booking over the phone with Thomson we were told we had to pay for the four flights even though we were only using the 05/02/17 & 05/03/17.

When I said this was unfair as they would no doubt sell the seats we were not using, I was told it's because you have to buy the package!

Has anyone else experienced the same when going on a four week back to back cruise?

Can anyone suggest if there is anyway of getting a refund for the two flights we won't be using as we will be on the cruise?

It seems we are being penalised for taking a four week cruise and is extremely unfair to be made to pay for flights that will not be used

I have emailed Thomson regarding this and another matter about them allowing you to purchase additional 5kg each passenger, but then saying your baggage can only weigh 23 kg? Ridiculous.

There response was to spread the weight, but didn't explain where as we have both paid for the extra weight? They chose to ignore my complaint about having to pay for four flights!

I don't know how Thomson does it, but the B2B cruises we've taken (with included airfare) we were only booked on flights going to the first cruise and coming back home from the second cruise. We didn't have to get a flight out and back on each cruises (4 flights). Are both cruises on Thomson? The dates you've posted are consecutive dates May 2, 2017 & May 3, 2017 (at least in USA-speak). Or are you saying Feb 5, 2017 & Mar 5, 2017? As the start date of the first cruise and the finish date of the second cruise?

23kg is fairly reasonable for a bag. That's 50 lbs each.

Edited by Shmoo here

Hi thanks for your quick reply.

Yes both cruises are on Thomson Discovery. The first two week cruise is from 05/02/17 - 19/02/17 so we fly on the 05/02/17.

The third and forth week cruise is from 19/02/17 - 05/03/17 so we fly back on 05/03/17.

This means we won't be using the return flight from Barbados on 19/02/17 or the outbound flight from Gatwick to Barbados on 19/02/17 as we will be on the ship, but have had to pay for these two flights.

I'm not saying that the baggage allowance isn't fair, but we wasn't given the option to purchase only 3kg extra it was 5 or nothing making the 25kg over their max limit.

Thx

You may wish to reconsider if this is the best cruise line/cruise for you. Perhaps you may research and find something more acceptable? If you don't like what they are insisting, your discretionary vacation dollars may be better spent elsewhere.

Hi All,

Do you have to buy the air/cruise package? Is it not possible to just buy cruises and book your own airfare?

Thomson sells packages of fly cruises, using their own aeroplanes and ships, so don't appear to sell individual cruises without the flights, except when they cruise from the UK. The other package is Stay/Cruise (or Cruise/Stay), again using their 'planes. I'm not sure there is another way to access these ships.