Is Mahogany Beach only for Carnival cruisers?

libertybelle41

Just wondering because I have never heard of this area...We'll be on Royal Caribbean.

Yes, Mahogany Bay is a cruise port complex built by and belonging to Carnival, occasionally other ships port there but they must have an arrangement with Carnival.

There was a time anyone from the western world could get in the complex, flash a bit of money and bobs your uncle, that may still be the case for the shops. Last I heard only people with Carnival wrist bands were allowed on the beach. The beach is man made by Carnival so it doesn't seem any great loss to not be allowed in. :0)

http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/

Edited by Guest 2000

Yes, Mahogany Bay is a cruise port complex built by and belonging to Carnival, occasionally other ships port there but they must have an arrangement with Carnival.

There was a time anyone from the western world could get in the complex, flash a bit of money and bobs your uncle, that may still be the case for the shops. Last I heard only people with Carnival wrist bands were allowed on the beach. The beach is man made by Carnival so it doesn't seem any great loss to not be allowed in. :0)

http://www.mahoganybaycc.com/

I don't remember needing a wrist band to get on the beach. Seemed like the whole area was kind of closed off though so I don't know how others would get in.

Can anyone tell me how much the chair lift is per person? Is the price for one time or unlimited for the day?

The chair lift is unlimited so you can go back and forth as often as you please.

On our January (2016) port stop there we pre-booked thru Princess for $9.95 pp. The price of $12.00 pp was posted at the booth for those who didn't have tickets.