Heathrow to Southampton private transfer

Cruize

For anyone considering transfers from Heathrow to Southampton this may interest you.

Arrived at Heathrow 7.45am yesterday morning, after a 31 hour flight (short stopover in Singapore), 40 minutes later we were met by our driver, Ian, from http://www.smithsforairports.com . He sent a text letting us know he was waiting at arrivals. 2 adults, 2 suitcases from Heathrow to our hotel in High St, Southampton..£80 including tip From the time the plane landed at 7.45am it only took another 2.15 hours and we were in our hotel

We are booking them again after the cruise to take us from Southampton to London.

Cheers

Paul

Edited by Tickle

• 2 weeks later...

For all the experienced Smith's users--

Another CC member indicated he used Smith's for an international flight landing at LHR. Smith's only allotted him 15 minutes after his flight landing

to get through customs and pick up luggage. He said they almost left LHR without picking him up. I was just about to book Smith's from LHR to Southampton. Has anyone had this experience of only a 15 minute wait by

Smiths? My real concern is I will have no means of communication with them

after landing.

Thank you.

Another CC member indicated he used Smith's for an international flight landing at LHR. Smith's only allotted him 15 minutes after his flight landing

to get through customs and pick up luggage. He said they almost left LHR without picking him up. I was just about to book Smith's from LHR to Southampton. Has anyone had this experience of only a 15 minute wait by

after landing.

Thank you.

Smiths will check when the plane lands and estimate when you will get through passport control and customs. They were there for us. Please share your concerns with them by e-mail or phone; they respond quite quickly. We prepaid using credit card by phone.

after landing.

Thank you.

I find it hard to believe that any minicab company would allocate only 15 minutes. A typical time for an EU passport holder would be 30 - 45 minutes with luggage, 20 minutes without luggage. It is significantly longer for a non-EU passport holder.

Minicab drivers usually work on flight numbers rather that scheduled time. They park up maybe 10 - 15 minutes from the airport and make their way after the flight lands.

• 2 weeks later...

for the last ten years we have used http://www.totallydriven.co.uk.

they figure 1/2 hour after landing and you can request additional time at no extra cost.

driver has always been waiting for us right outside the arrivals hall and car is right outside in the closest car park. they are also cheaper than Smiths......

• 3 months later...

after landing.

Thank you.

No, that's totally nonsensical :rolleyes:

The correspondent has got it wrong, plain & simple.

JB :)