Afternoon Tea--Vancouver

Answered on your other thread.

Speaking of which - I don't know any local posters who do not check both Alaska and Canada. Posting in either one will get you the same replies, with the advantage you save time on both the posting and reading fronts...

The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver offers traditional afternoon high tea

I live out in the suburbs and there we have 2 excellent tea shops that I go to often

White Rock it is Clancey's and in Langley it is Traceycakes -

• 4 weeks later...
The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver offers traditional afternoon high tea

I live out in the suburbs and there we have 2 excellent tea shops that I go to often

White Rock it is Clancey's and in Langley it is Traceycakes -

Thank you! Could we get out to the suburbs without a car.

Yes - but you're looking at perhaps 90mins on transit to either White Rock or Langley from downtown. I'm sure you'll save a bunch of cash cf the Fairmont, but it's a very poor bargain in terms of time...

Try Finch's Tea House if you want good tea with less froo-froo overpriced fanciness.

Probably longer when returning during the rush hour ( Monday to Friday).

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Yes - but you're looking at perhaps 90mins on transit to either White Rock or Langley from downtown. I'm sure you'll save a bunch of cash cf the Fairmont, but it's a very poor bargain in terms of time...

Try Finch's Tea House if you want good tea with less froo-froo overpriced fanciness.

Finch's is downtown? Thank you

I think you misread - the Fairmont was the fanciness I referred to, with Finch's being the alternative to it. Although on occasion I've been served in Finch's by someone in full Victorian dress which some may find a little fancy...

I found this article on afternoon teas in Vancouver (hope it's okay to post a link to outside sources):

http://vancouver.about.com/od/restaurantsbars/tp/Afternoon-Tea-Vancouver.htm

Not on the list is the Wedgewood Hotel. They do an afternoon tea at their Bacchus restaurant. I've eaten several times at the restaurant (but not afternoon tea) and it's a great restaurant with a lovely atmosphere - they frequently have a piano player there who will take requests.

I found this article on afternoon teas in Vancouver (hope it's okay to post a link to outside sources):

http://vancouver.about.com/od/restaurantsbars/tp/Afternoon-Tea-Vancouver.htm

Not on the list is the Wedgewood Hotel. They do an afternoon tea at their Bacchus restaurant. I've eaten several times at the restaurant (but not afternoon tea) and it's a great restaurant with a lovely atmosphere - they frequently have a piano player there who will take requests.

Interesting - I had no idea Provence did afternoon tea; they may have stopped, I don't see anything in the menu or group booking links and no reviews for a long time (though they do still offer their very swank picnic basket for two in actual baskets).

Did remember another froo-froo downtown experience though, much cheaper than Fairmont - Patisserie fur Elise in Yaletown.