How Do We Change Cabins with B2B?

drdaddy

Hello. We are booked for Allure when it comes back to the US October, 2015. We are on the 3 day Mini cruise, Rome to Barcelona, then the Transatlantic to Ft. Lauderdale.

At the time of booking, there were only 3 cabins that were available for both legs that were in our category. Got a decent deal because booked early on board the Oasis. Fooling around, I found another cabin that was much better that was open for both legs. Travel agent went ahead and changed it but the 3 day mini went up by $1000 over what we originally paid. TA leg only went up $40. So he changed one and not the other.

The question is: How do we get the bags over to the new cabin easier on a turnaround day? We are consigned to the fact that we cannot unpack fully on the 3 day (DW is upset). But, we cannot leave the bags in the original room because it has to be serviced for the next passengers. We cannot get the bags over to the new cabin early because THAT cabin needs to be serviced for us! I want to get off the ship in Barcelona and enjoy the Ramblas and not have to come back at 1 PM and ruin the day to figure out the baggage situation.

I know this is probably not the first time this has had to be done but does anyone know the details? Travel agent says Cabin Steward will take care of it. Really? I think maybe not!

Thanks

Hello. We are booked for Allure when it comes back to the US October, 2015. We are on the 3 day Mini cruise, Rome to Barcelona, then the Transatlantic to Ft. Lauderdale.

At the time of booking, there were only 3 cabins that were available for both legs that were in our category. Got a decent deal because booked early on board the Oasis. Fooling around, I found another cabin that was much better that was open for both legs. Travel agent went ahead and changed it but the 3 day mini went up by $1000 over what we originally paid. TA leg only went up $40. So he changed one and not the other.

The question is: How do we get the bags over to the new cabin easier on a turnaround day? We are consigned to the fact that we cannot unpack fully on the 3 day (DW is upset). But, we cannot leave the bags in the original room because it has to be serviced for the next passengers. We cannot get the bags over to the new cabin early because THAT cabin needs to be serviced for us! I want to get off the ship in Barcelona and enjoy the Ramblas and not have to come back at 1 PM and ruin the day to figure out the baggage situation.

I know this is probably not the first time this has had to be done but does anyone know the details? Travel agent says Cabin Steward will take care of it. Really? I think maybe not!

Thanks

Super easy! Pack your bags, they will be delivered to your new room for you. Yes... it's as easy as that.

I would also ensure your stateroom attendant knows that, and I also put a note on my bags the morning of turn-around day for whoever entered my room with my new room number, etc.

Have a great cruise! :D

I don't understand. Did you change the category of the room? If you did then yes the steward may take care of it. If it was just a location but not a category change there shouldn't be any price difference and you could get both rooms.

My other suggestion is keep watching pricing. This far out you may find that more rooms become available and get cheaper.

Those were really fast replies! Thanks.

For the Stewards to take care of bags, I assume I would not leave the bags out at night? I just cannot figure out what they will do with them while fixing up the cabins. And we usually have a few "schleppers" with stuff we bought in Rome, essentials like Olive Oil, Cheeses, and Pasta! Also, some valuables we would prefer not to take with us in to Barcelona. I guess the ship has a vault we could use.

On the cabin change, yes, it was a category D8 to a D6. Up a few decks is not an upgrade IMHO. But the mini cruise went up $1000 for a 3 day trip. Go figure. The 12 night TA went up $40 total.

Those were really fast replies! Thanks.

For the Stewards to take care of bags, I assume I would not leave the bags out at night? I just cannot figure out what they will do with them while fixing up the cabins. And we usually have a few "schleppers" with stuff we bought in Rome, essentials like Olive Oil, Cheeses, and Pasta! Also, some valuables we would prefer not to take with us in to Barcelona. I guess the ship has a vault we could use.

On the cabin change, yes, it was a category D8 to a D6. Up a few decks is not an upgrade IMHO. But the mini cruise went up $1000 for a 3 day trip. Go figure. The 12 night TA went up $40 total.

You leave the closet stuff hanging in the closet.

You pack EVERYTHING else in your suitcases.

You leave it all in cabin #1.

The stewards should move it all to cabin #2 and closet #2.

:)

Be sure and tell your first cabin steward about your move early in your cruise. Also.....fairly early in your cruise.....go and speak to your new cabin steward so that they are aware that you are coming. We have always been able to make the move quite early. We usually go to eat breakfast early, then we get everything moved as soon as we get back.....as long as the occupants of your second cabin get out in a timely manner. You should move the contents of your safe yourself. We usually move everything except our hang up clothes ourselves because we are just staying on board. It is usually all done before 9 AM. That's been our experience anyway.

This info was useful.

I've done many B2B's, but I have always had the same cabin for both legs. On my Liberty B2B coming up in next week, I will have to change cabins on turnaround day. The new cabin is only 4 doors away, so likely to be the same cabin attendant which will make communicating our situation very easy. We plan to ask him/her to service our new cabin first so we can move right over early in the morning - hopefully the previous occupants have an early flight!

Super easy to make the changeover. We moved 5 cabins down the hall on the Jewel of the Seas last November. Two different stewards.

Talked to both stewards a few days before changeover. 2nd steward said he would do our cabin ASAP in the morning. Sure enough, we returned from breakfast and it was ready for us.

We asked if we could move ourselves because we had plenty of time before we had to report for disembarkation. Of course they were quite happy about that. They got the trolley for us and we were packed, moved and unpacked within the hour (if that)! Rest of the day was ours!

Enjoy!

Ellen

Hello there,

We are moving two decks up and I think I would prefer to move our stuff ourselves. So you say they will bring a trolley for us. Does this trolley have a bar to hang your clothes on from the closet?

Thanks in advance for the info. :)

Talk with your stateroom attendant. They will be able to tell you what is possible on your ship.

Hello there,

We are moving two decks up and I think I would prefer to move our stuff ourselves. So you say they will bring a trolley for us. Does this trolley have a bar to hang your clothes on from the closet?

Thanks in advance for the info. :)

Yes, the trolley had a bar where we hung our hanger clothes. It was like the trolleys in hotels.

Super easy to make the changeover. We moved 5 cabins down the hall on the Jewel of the Seas last November. Two different stewards.

Talked to both stewards a few days before changeover. 2nd steward said he would do our cabin ASAP in the morning. Sure enough, we returned from breakfast and it was ready for us.

We asked if we could move ourselves because we had plenty of time before we had to report for disembarkation. Of course they were quite happy about that. They got the trolley for us and we were packed, moved and unpacked within the hour (if that)! Rest of the day was ours!

Enjoy!

Ellen

Perfect! I hope this will be the case with us too.