Grand Turk - opinion needed soon

beshears

We are to be in Grand Turk in less than a month away.

I have read about Grand Turk Express, and Island Tram Limited, both of them being tour guides.

I have read pros/cons of both of these tour agencies. If you have done one of these tours within the last "6 months," I would appreicate your opinion. I thought I knew which one we were going to do, but not for sure now. :confused:

We took the Island Tram tour, on our own. Caught the tram by walking outside the port. It was $25 p/p. It was OK. Nothing completely amazing. The tram took us all around the island, with a stop in the "downtown" area as well as at the lighthouse.

I would have much rather rented a golf cart.

CeleBrat

Any tips for renting a golf cart? What's the price? Was it safe?

As soon as you walk out the gates at the port, you will find them. Two guys sitting with a bunch of golf carts, can't miss it. Three years ago, we eventually agreed upon $50 (for all of us, not per person). I liked it as we were at leisure to do whatever. Got lost a few times, but had a blast finding our way back.

We would've rented a cart, but got there 5 min too late as the last one had just been taken. Thus, we ended up on the tram tour.

I believe there are now 2 cart rental companies open right outside the port, which makes for a larger quantity of cart being available. If youre serious about renting a cart, reserve one in advance. Info on how to do so can be found on the Grand Turk board in the Ports of Call section on this site.

CeleBrat

Rent a golf cart in ADVANCE. That was our plan. To rent one and explore. See animals and go to a less populous beach area. Well, we were too little too late. Every cart was gone by the time we got to where they were. I still wish I would've rented one ahead of time. I'll definitely go back one day. We ended up having a blast at Margaritaville, either way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

OK, question about golf cart. If we rented one, do they give you a paper, or anything "showing" you the direction to go, to find some main points to see? You cannot drive the golf cart on the beach, right?

OK, question about golf cart. If we rented one, do they give you a paper, or anything "showing" you the direction to go, to find some main points to see? You cannot drive the golf cart on the beach, right?

Well, for direction, head north as there is only water to the south. :D There is not much on the island to begin with.....mainly the lighthouse at the north end and Cockburn Town on the west coast (middle of island).

OK, so your saying if he rent a golf cart, there is no way we would get lost, right? Do you have any clue how much they charge per hour? It will be just the two of us.

I believe it was $100 for the day to use.

Can you get lost? I guess it's possible (my wife could probably make that happen) but it would be hard to do. :D

We rented 2 years ago from Nathan - ahead of time. You can google it and find his contact info. The island is only 7 miles long so its impossible to get lost. Nathan gave us a basic map and it was very easy to follow. We explored through Cockburn town, stopped at a beach, up to the lighthouse for a picnic and then back down the other side of the island. Would totally recommend it again.