Amount of Balcony use with New England weather.

MazziB

Love having a balcony and using it. Can anyone tell me if New England weather will allow me much balcony time during the end of Septemper and beginning of October? I love breakfast coffee sitting in the balcony but don't want to plan wearing ear muffs and gloves.

So.... Maybe I should not plan on coffee in the morning on the balcony unless on sun rise is on my side of the ship. But definately in the afternoons on sun set side. Sound like 50/50 of the time. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

We always cruise in balcony or mini suite type of cabin. For New England Itinerary with just one sea day, we decided it would be a waste of money, as in this case the ship is just a floating hotel to get us from one port to the other without having to pack/unpack if we had taken a land tour instead. I should add that maybe if ship were sailing in summer, we might have felt differently. But coming from the ny area origionally, It can be quite chilly in the am in October--

We did the same. Decided to save a little $$$ and opt for an ocean view. Deck 7 lounge chair sounds like a winner. Cruised Alaska and then Europe, didn't use the balcony much. Weather too cool or rainy. Alaska, much better views from deck.

• 3 weeks later...
Love having a balcony and using it. Can anyone tell me if New England weather will allow me much balcony time during the end of Septemper and beginning of October? I love breakfast coffee sitting in the balcony but don't want to plan wearing ear muffs and gloves.

Just sent you a friend request---my friend is from Indiana and I am from Louisville so we are flying out of Louisville for this cruise....notice you are a single mom I think---we are both married with grandchildren but we cruise once with our husbands in spring and then she and I take a girl cruise in fall... we usually go to europe on most trips at this point but decided we wanted to take in New York and some shows so combined it with a cruise at this rate! But we are doing inside on this one because I have done this itinerary before and it can be cold and wet! Are you near Louisville area...

I personally would take at least gloves and layer some outerwear....I got stuck having to buy a wool cape in Nova Scotia last time and froze before we got there....

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing Mid Oct from Quebec around to PEI, Sydney Cape Breton, Halifax and down the East Coast, we did go with the balcony even though I may not use it during the first part of the cruise. Coming from So California, I am sure we will find it much colder then we are used to but prepared to layer.:)I even bought some thermal underwear on the advice of friends on our cruise.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

My mom and dad were upgraded to a balcony on one of our Canada/New England cruises. Dad was out on the balcony every day, and every night. It got a lot of use and was well worth it for them. But they do not see a balcony as necessary in the Caribbean, it's too hot for them to be comfortable.

I think it just depends on what kind of weather you like and how much you feel the chill.