Cozumel with 4 little kids (ages 10-2)

MonalisaGeorgia

We have docked in Cozumel many times, but never done anything that structured. We used to just catch a cab and go to a beach for the day when we only had one little one.

This time we are looking for something different. We booked super cheap rooms so I would be more inclined to do something great in ports. :)

Any ideas for smaller kids? How is Passion Island?

I thought about Playa Mia, but read some recent bad reviews on Tripadvisor.

Any good companies to do day tours and have you taken your kids - do they supply car seats?

What about the Dolphin Swim at Chakannaab? I am sure that I butchered the spelling.

Any good day passes at resorts that you would recommend? We are not big drinkers so that is not a huge draw, but I know the kids would love a good pool.

I have read through tons of posts and looked at MystyGirl's links.

With children that young you can't go wrong following in the footsteps of mitsugirly.

You have to read all reviews on TA with a grain of salt (or maybe a whole shaker:D). Some folks are never satisfied and other have unrealistic expectations and still others are in pleasant awe of even watching the grass grow.

I'd venture out to say the biggest difference between Chankanaab and Playa Mia is the entrance fee to Chank. And I'm not sure all your brood can participate in a dolphin swim. Most kids that young just love playing in the sand and maybe splashing in the water or climbing around on some of the water toys.

As far as car seats, most taxis don't have them. I think the drivers for hire out of Tours Plaza can provide if requested. But there's no legal requirement for them in Mexico.

What ever way you wind up going, have a great time.:)

I would bring your own car seats - rental car seats or those provided by a tour operator may not fit your child or have been properly maintained/installed.

Choose between Play Mia (great kiddie water park plus all-inclusive package options) or Paradise Beach ($3 admission, great facilities, HUGE pool, etc.). Taxi fare to both should be about the same (about $28-30+tip assuming there are 6 of you).

Most cruise lines offer a tour to Playa Mia that would include bus transport - then you can skip the car seats.

Good luck! :)

Chankanaab is great!! If you do a dolphin encounter or swim then you can spend your day at the park. It is beautiful and there is a lot to see and do, or you can just relax on the beach. There is a nice lagoon area for little ones and a sea lion show. Also good snorkeling right off the beach area. Our girls are 6&4 and have been there 3 times, and we always have a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's plenty of places to go with children (we have been going to Cozumel since our daughter was 3 and she's now 6). I have a complete listed of places we have been to with her each time, listed in my signature line. The reviews are full of pictures to help you see what each place looks like and what they have to offer. :)

• 6 months later...